Chapter 57

"Stupid, it isn't Facebook live," Varun said on the conference phone line that connected all six of them.

"It's a clipping of the live video. This means what had to happen, has happened," Keya said, "Krish can you turn on my phone?"

"I have a couple missed calls from Vansh but we were at the hospital so I didn't answer," he said, "Honestly I didn't think they would confront Dad so soon."

"Guys I think we should just watch and find out," Tanya said.

...

Few hours earlier..

Vansh went downstairs and tried to put on a facade. He was greeted by the office people and they were glad to see him. Some of them had worked with him for this deal and today it was turning out to be a success. 

Vansh wondered if he would ever get to step into their own office again or would it even make a difference if he didn't.  Reema, Vansh and VIkram were the ones meeting and greeting the guests. 

Mr. Rathod arrived only when Mr. Henry did. Vansh didn't stay in his shadow like everytime but stayed close enough to not make things too obvious.

He then went up to his mother to ask if he could go back upstairs.

"Vansh please just wait till the main event then you can leave. And don't worry dinner has been served to Simran already and she is absolutely fine," Reema told him.

Vansh wondered if he could just go back to Australia. Will his father let him? What if before him deciding to leave his father only disowns him for not listening.

Vikram came to Vansh and said, "Mr. Henry wants to see you."

Vansh went with him and greeted Mr. Henry and his team.

"Must say Vansh, I wish my son had decided to walk into my footsteps. You father is very lucky. The effort you've put in for this from the beginning has really served well," he said and there was an awkward exchange of looks between Mr. Rathod and Vansh.

They talked for a couple more minutes and then Mr. Rathod decided to take centre stage.

He went to the middle of the floor and took a glad of champagne with him.

Vansh went next to his mother.

Mr. Rathod stated to speak, "Thank you all for coming. It's brings a great pleasure to me that we are opening a full new division in our empire. Tonight, isn't only a night for celebration of this specific merger but it also marks the beginning of one of the many such celebrations as The Rathod Group is in its 50th year since founded by my father. All my educational qualifications were void in front of the knowledge he imparted in me. I always dreamt of working with him shoulder to shoulder and it came true but didn't last long. Dad passed away at a younger age and some of you all might remember him, how much he talked about expansion. I made it my life's purpose, to fulfill his wishes. My sons were 8, 5 and 2 when he left us and whenever I looked at them, I could see my dad's wishes come true. They grew up into fine gentlemen, thanks to my lovely wife. I was indeed a lucky man that they showed as much interest in the family business as I had expected them to."

"Mom," Vansh whispered to Reema, "Dad only talks so much on two occasions, when he has made up his mind about something or he has no clue on what to do at all."

"Let's just hope he's decided something and let's pray it's in your favour," Reema replied and they continued to listen to the speech.

"All I ever asked from them was perfection. I had my ways to ensure that too. I thought being a strict father was being a good father. But I guess the GenNext is always ready to surprise us."