Part 9. The walk

"What are you doing here it's freezing." You look confused. "Why do you even care?" He rolls his eyes. "Don't be so stubborn. You have to walk an hour to get back to the hotel. who left you here?" You cross your arms. "No one left me, I choose it myself." He looks mad. "You can't be walking around at 03:00 am when its literally freezing." He gets his coat off and puts it over your shoulder. "Let's go i will bring you back." You shake your head. "No way, and why are you suddenly being so nice to me. You never said a word or even looked at me." He looks down. "I'm sorry, i just don't think girls belong on the f1 grid." You take of your coat and throw it at Max. "Unbelievable, dickhead." You walk away. He wants to come after you. "Don't you even dare Verstappen." He stops and looks how you walk off. You put on some music on your phone and start the trip back to the hotel. You love the Netherlands. It's an awesome country, but while you enjoy the walk something is bothering you. It's the words of Max. You worked so hard all your life. Your mom always knew how to support you. She would grab your face and say: "kick their ass." You smile as you can hear her say that. You miss her. You feel a tear rolling over your face. Max doesn't know what he is talking about. After a while you can see the hotel. It took you about an hour to get there. You go to the second floor and go into your hotel room. You jump on the bed and fall asleep immediately. After an hour of sleeping you wake up sweating and screaming. You had a nightmare. You were leading the championship. Your mom and dad were cheering for you. In the last turn, you crash. You shake your head. It was just a dream. You get up to get a glass of water. you look in the mirror and see that there is make up everywhere. You turn on the shower and get it as cold as possible. You splash the water in your face to calm down a bit. After your done you crawl back into bed. You leave a small light on in case you wake up again. You stare at the ceiling. I really got to prove myself tomorrow, and i'm sure I'm going to.