Part 22. Race day

It's the next day and you wake up from the alarm on your phone. You look next to you, Max is gone already. You grab your phone and shut off the alarm. You have a lot of time left before you need to go to the track. Yuki takes you, so Jeff has a day off. You take a look at the messages you received, one is from Max.

Max: Good morning Em. i woke up early, but you were still sleeping. I didn't wan't to wake you. I left some breakfast on the table. See you at the track.

You smile at your phone. He is being so nice to you. You get up and walk over to the table. You see a plate. It has croissants and fresh juice. You also see a bowl of fruit. All cut up in heart shapes. You eat your breakfast and get dressed. You go down to the lobby of your hotel and step in the car with Yuki. You listen to some music and try to focus on the race, but all you can think about is Max. Yuki notices it, but lets it slide. You arrive at the track and there are a lot of press. You say bye to Yuki and walk to the Williams garage. You walk in and see Charlotte waiting for you with a cup of coffee. You grab it and take a few sips. "Oh my god that's all i need right now." She winks at you. "Let's go we need to get you ready." You follow her and talk with Jost for a while. You are totally ready and are excited for the race. The car was so incredibly fast yesterday. You just know this is going to be an awesome race. You finish your last sips of coffee and give the cup to Charlotte. "You got this girl, get them!" You hug her and put on your helmet. You take one last breath. Then you get in your car and drive off. You drive the formation lap and take place on the grid. The lights go out, and away you go.