Part 32. Trouble

Max walks in the office and takes a seat. Christian sits across him and shoves a phone to Max. It shows a picture of you and Max holding hands this morning. Max buries his face in his hands. "Fuck this." Christian sighs. "Max you have to be kidding me." Max shakes his head but stays silent. "Are you guys a thing?" Max nods. "It's nothing official, but we share the same room, we go everywhere together. I truly love her." Christian crosses his arms and doesn't look Max in his eyes. "Get out, i need to talk to Helmut." Max stands up and walks out. He walks back to the group. Pierre and Carlos are also standing with Yuki and Lando. You look at Max. "Are you okay?" Max shakes his head. "They saw us. We are in big trouble" You widen your eyes. "No way." Carlos and Pierre look at each other. Then at you. "Look we can't say anything." Pierre nods. "I think we know." Christian comes back with Jost and Helmut. "Max en Emma, come with us." You walk after them and you get back to the same office where Max was 10 minutes ago. Helmut takes the lead. "Listen, we can't say this in an easy way. I don't even want to say it but, you need to break up or both of you are going to lose your seat. We give you exactly one night to sort it out and make the choice. Then we'll talk tomorrow morning." You don't say anything and walk away. Max looks mad at the three of them and walks after you. "Emma wait." You stop and turn around. "Max, you can be world champion this season. I think we should call it off." Max looks hurt by your words. You even hurt yourself by saying it. You don't want him to quit. "I can't make you stop what you love. I'm sorry." You start crying. Max sees it. You turn around and walk away. You walk over to Lando and ask him to bring you back to the hotel. He does and you go straight to your room. You close the door and start crying. The tears run all over your face. You eat dinner in bed and you are still sobbing. A few hours later there is a knock on the door. You wipe away your tears and open the door.