Part 36. We need to go

You celebrate with the other drivers for a while. You agreed to have dinner tonight to thank them for what they did. You still can't believe everyone quitting so you and Max can be together, even George. The one who created all the problems. You get back to the hotel to get dressed and freshen up. You and Max take a quick shower. You walk over to your closet and choose a fancy red dress. You put it on when Max walks in from the bathroom. He whistles to you. "Can't believe that you are mine." You blush because of his words. He kisses you gently. He puts on a suit and you put some make up on. You curl your hair and spray your favourite parfum. After a while Max comes in. "Em we really need to go." You nod. "I'm ready." He looks at you and smiles. He reaches for your hand and you both walk to the car. You arrive in the same hall as last time. It's a stunning place. A few have arrived already. You and Max get a drink and talk with the others while the others come in. After a while the group is complete and you all want to take a seat. You see George standing by the bar. "Hey Max, you can go already i will meet you there." He kisses your cheek and walks away. You walk over to George. He looks shocked that you want to talk to him. "Hi.." he looks shy and sad. "Hey.." you look at him. "Don't worry, you're forgiven." He looks relieved. "I'm so sorry Em, i was such an asshole. No words could make this up. I fucked it up." You nod and laugh. "You did, but it's totally fine." He pulls you in for a hug and sees Mac running towards you. He looks worried. You look around to see what's happening. Max is standing next to you with his phone in his hand. He is calling with an unknown number. "Em, your dad. We need to go."