three

"These seats taken?"

The quizzing voice cuts his words off. Taehyung snaps his head to meet dark doe eyes and feels his previous train of thought all but dissipate right where he sat. The deep eyes are stuck on Taehyung as the handsome owner of said eyes' face also has a questioning expression. "N-No!" The brunette quickly answers; but as his eyes flick to the right, he is met with a much colder gaze. Less querying, more demanding. Taehyung is suddenly aware of the boy sitting across the table from him.

("I don't get why you're so angry about this, Jiminie..."

"Because, Tae, he's an asshole! He doesn't give two shits about anyone else apart from himself! It's annoying.")

"I-i mean, yes, they're taken!" But then his eyes flit back to the softer ones and Taehyung immediately takes it back "B-But, you can...still...sit..." Now the look on the boys face is more confused than wondering- however, minuet the differences may be. The brunette gives up and looks to the boy sitting across from him for help and perhaps also permission.

Jimin sighs. He had absolutely no problem with Jungkook sitting with them. However, it is common knowledge that wherever there is a Jeon Jungkook in the area, there is also a Min Yoongi inherently nearby. And Jimin did have a problem with Yoongi.

"Yeah..sure..." He mumbles begrudgingly, knowing full well how positively packed every other table was. The two boys take their seats and Jimin is thankful enough that Yoongi had at least decided to sit next to Taehyung and not him.

They get to eating again - well Jungkook and Yoongi just get to eating - and the word awkward was now officially classified, at least in Jimins mind, as the most understated word in history. Yoongi feels his jaw clench involuntarily as he remembers the last time they'd ever been this close.

("I-i don't understand... Why are you mad at me?!"

"Why am I mad at you? Are you fucking blind? Did you not just see the way that-")

He decides to cut that memory off before it gets the better of him. Especially since he was currently sitting diagonally from the boy he swore to despise forever. Noticing the intense glare he was giving the pinkette, Yoongi tries to look away but finds that he just can't. His eyes get caught on the boys pretty pink lips as they close around a forkful of chocolate cake, some of it gets left behind on said pretty plump lips and Yoongi watches as a small, ring clad hand is pulled up to wipe the chocolate away.

"What?" Jimin finally says, sick of the eyes on him. "What?" Yoongi replies, deciding to play clueless. "You know what, why are you staring at me?" The pink-haired boy snaps, feeling the irritation deep-set into his body begin to grow "Trust me," the black-haired boy begins with a mocking laugh "No one's staring at you" the way Yoongi had emphasized his words made Jimins blood boil a lot faster than it should've "...never knew your name was no one..." He mumbled in place of a comeback because he didn't exactly have one. The other doesn't respond.

Taehyung and Jungkook look at each other from across the table - knowing looks in their eyes; Both of them helplessly drowning in the tight, dense and dark tension that had clouded the air. "Uhm so..." Jungkook coughed, trying to cut the tension - it wasn't working. "It's been a long time since Uni, huh?" He immediately cringes at his words, knowing he had just hit the biggest nerve there could ever have been, he attempts to brush his hand through his purple hair, a nervous habit, but realises he cannot because he had decided to tie it up into a low ponytail/man bun earlier this morning. Taehyung chuckles anxiously as they all feel the air grow even more suffocating. This was a touchy subject.

("Are you fucking blind? Did you not just see the way that my parents regarded you just now?!"

"That's not my fault!"

"That's not your fault...?" He felt himself throw up a humourless laugh "That's not your fault?! How fucking oblivious can you possibly be?!"

"Maybe if you-")

"Y'know... Sometimes I look across the street," He knows. He knows that he shouldn't say it. Knows that it would only lead to more conflict. Knows the best way to deal with this situation is to walk away. Knows that it would be better for both of them if he just diffused. But he also knows that a pissed off Park Jimin is just a sight he simply cannot pass up.

"...And wonder what someone with a degree in Law, is doing running a flower shop."

("Oh, and remember..."

"Yeah?"

"Just cus' we had a 'moment' or whatever, doesn't mean I'm gonna start hating you any less~"

A laugh. Unclear who it was from.

"That's what I was counting on.")

"Oh?" Jimin challenges. Yoongi blinks at him, expressionless. "Well, I suppose I can throw that back at you, can't I?" He continues, "How in the world is it possible for someone with an Economics degree to find themselves working at a tattoo parlour?"

They were both just as bad as each other.

The glares they sent across the table were nothing short of deadly. "O-Okay guys... Let's not do this in the middle of Jin-Hyungs shop, yeah?" Unfortunately, Taehyungs words only fall upon deaf and petty ears.

"Honestly, I applaud you," Yoongi says, ignoring Taehyung entirely "It's crazy how you even have a business running since when most sane people want a flower, they pick one off a field instead of spending money for a plant." Yoongis face is no longer blank. There seemed to be a small smirk slowly growing on his face like he had the audacity to enjoy seeing Jimins own expression twist into one of anger.

Speaking of audacity, Jimin wonders where Yoongi ever got his. "There's a difference between you're average field flower and an actual bouquet of flowers for an event. And, quite frankly, anyone who can't recognize said difference should keep their mouths shut." The pinkette feels satisfaction as the black-haired man's smile is completely swept off his face. It must've shown in his eyes because then Yoongi looks actually pissed. Jimin feels his mood darken as he remembers the last time he was graced with that expression.

("How fucking oblivious can you possibly be?!"

"Maybe if you'd actually have put in the effort, then-"

"Oh, don't fucking talk to me about effort, you don't even know the half of it!"

"Okay, so you put in a lot of effort. That doesn't change the fact that I've lost sleep for this!"

Yoongi feels himself grow tired of this useless conversation. Usually, he loved going back and forth with Jimin, usually, the adrenaline lit a strange fire he never knew he had within him. However, today wasn't usually.

"I hope you're happy, because you lost way more than just sleep for me.")

"And anyway," Jimin feels compelled to go on "It's not like your tattoo art has really improved, has it?" The younger finally feels like he's gained the upper hand as the elder's eyes widen just a smidge.

Yoongi feels his jaw tighten impossibly more than before. "I agree with your parents, you should've never m-" He knows what Jimin is going to say, but he doesn't want to hear it.

"Fuck you."