thirty six

Namjoon inhales the addicting contents of a cigarette. The taste both draws him in and pushes him away. He used to smoke every day back in university but now he limits himself greatly. Twice a month, if that. However, when Seokjin offered him one, Namjoon couldn't find it in himself to refuse.

Wispy smoke fills the room and gives it an ashy feeling. The small heater fastened to the wall works overtime to warm up the room. It squeals and chugs in the corner demanding attention whilst revealing its old age. Namjoon feels sweaty on top of the fresh white sheets even though he wears nothing but black sweatpants. Bleached blonde hair sits flatly against his skull, still wet from a shower.

The door connecting the bathroom to the bedroom is pushed open. Seokjin enters with a towel wrapped around his waist and speed walks toward the closet. The door swings open with a creak and he starts searching through it a little frantically. Namjoon breathes in once more, exhaling hotly.

"What're you doing, Hyung?" The blonde asks, still sitting on the bed. Seokjin gives him a little glance before answering. "Well... Guess who forgot they agreed to go to dinner with some friends tonight?" He complains, pulling out a green sweater and tossing it on the bed. "...You?" Namjoon answers a bit pathetically, the elder just sighs in response.

Seokjin pulls out a pair of brown slacks and it promptly joins the sweater. Namjoon kills the flame at the tip of the tiny cigarette onto an ashtray sitting by the bed. He makes his way over to the large mirror which plasters all of one wall where the brunette is currently plugging in the cable of a hairdryer. "Which friends?" He asks, wrapping muscley arms around and placing his head against broad shoulders - this doesn't stop the elder from switching on the hairdryer. "Hajoon and Jiwon. You met them at the party, right?" He has to shout-talk to be heard over the noise.

The hairdryer whirs garishly just an inch above his ears but Namjoon doesn't pull away. "Oh, the ones who were friends with that fucking asshole, Hangyeol." His words seem like they should be a question, but the tone of voice Namjoon uses make them more of a statement. A fact. Hangyeol is a fucking asshole. "Ugh don't remind me. I can't believe Jimin didn't fine him, I mean, we had all the evidence we needed in that unfinished drink. He didn't even want to confront the guy." The younger chuckles at the elders' words, though it's definitely lost under the screaming hot air. "You know how Jimin is, Hyung. Always the people pleasing peacekeeper." Seokjin just shakes his head with a smile and that's the end of that conversation.

Namjoons lips softly trail against Seokjins neck. "Do you have to go?" He mumbles lowly against it, unsure as to whether the elder had heard him or not. It's apparent that he had when the hairdryer gets switched off and Seokjin is turning to look the younger in the eye. He reaches up to hold his face and Namjoon feels his heart beat slightly faster. "Listen, Joon-ah. As much as I'd like to waste the night away cuddling with you." Namjoon likes the sound of that. "Or, you know... Do other things." Namjoon likes the sound of that even more. "I agreed to this dinner ages ago and backing out the night of would just be a shitty thing to do. Plus I know that they're both super busy so the fact that they cleared time for me means a lot and I don't want to waste their kindness. You get that, right?"

Of course, Namjoon gets that. He sighs lightly, ready to spend the rest of the night alone when suddenly an idea pops into his head. "Okay, fine, let me come with you then?" Seokjin raises an eyebrow. "Like... A double date?" The younger smiles wide, dimples on display. "Yeah, I guess so, sure."

"Well... that'd imply that we're dating."

Namjoon kisses him. Lips soft and sweet. "Are we?"

Seokjin thinks about it for a moment.

"Yeah, I guess so, sure."

-

The restaurant that they'd agreed to meet up at wasn't casual, however it wasn't formal either. It is only half full and Seokjin spots his friends without having to look very hard. Namjoon had borrowed some clothes from the elder - a black polo with blue jeans - and even though it was a little tight, it still fit him pretty well. The blonde feels a little nervous since he doesn't exactly know Hajoon and Jiwon that well but with the brunette by his side, he feels slightly more at ease. He wishes to reach out and grab his hand but they make it to the table before he takes any action.

"Seokjin-ah! Good to see you again!" Hajoon exclaims, standing from her seat to tackle the brunette into a hug. "Ah, it feels like it's been forever!" Seokjin smiles when she lets him go. She wears her healthy locks pinned up into a bun with two strands that hang out and frame her angular face nicely. A forest green dress hugs her lean frame and bright gold dangles from her ears.

Jiwon stays seated at the table but reaches over to shake Seokjins hand. He wears a white long-sleeved button-up layered on top of a black turtleneck. His hair is fluffy as usual. "Who's this, Hyung?" He tilts his head up to gesture toward Namjoon. "Oh, this is Kim Namjoon. He's my..." Seokjin hesitates.

"Boyfriend. I'm his boyfriend, nice to meet you."