thirty three

The train is crowded but quiet. People sitting and standing with their arms crossed, earphones in. Oblivious to, or simply choosing to ignore, everyone and thing apart from the robotic voice above reading station names. Yoongi doesn't usually take the train anymore but he is accustomed to the one important unspoken rule of public transport that he was forced to learn back when he took the train to school every day: Mind your own business. Something Yoongi is very good at, no doubt.

His brain pounds against his skull. Everything had been moving so quickly recently and Yoongi hadn't had a chance to step back and take it all in. What would this training be like? How stressful would his new schedule be? What the actual hell is going on with Jimin? That last question is currently dominating most of Yoongis' mind. The looks, the touches and the three kisses, now.

Yoongi already knows where he stands. He's known it for a while now. He is in love with Park Jimin. How unfortunate.

But where Jimin himself stands? The black-haired man has no clue.

Yoongi thinks harder. To pinpoint exactly where his romantic attraction toward Jimin started would be near impossible. Perhaps it had just been slowly building over time and now was finally large enough to be recognized. Perhaps he was always in love from the very beginning. Perhaps it had just sprung up now, fresh and out of the blue. Either way, it didn't matter. All that mattered is whether Jimin reciprocated those feelings. Sure, he had kissed back the first two times and even initiated the most recent one but perhaps it was just a heat of the moment sort of thing? Something to sweep under the rug, to shrug off, and never speak about again.

Yoongi didn't want that.

He wanted... What did he want?

'Xxxxx Station!' The female voice overhead speaks once more and reads off the name of the station the boys father had instructed him to get off at. Yoongi stands, smoothing out the wrinkles in his blue button-up (the only formal attire he owned) and quickly hops off the train. It then speeds away in a flash of wind and fury. Yoongi pulls out his phone and looks at the most recent message that was sent to him.

-

Father:

He'll be in a white car right out the station.

Ask for his name and if he says Taemin then it's him.

Father has sent a location!

Taemin should know the way but I've sent it to you just in case.
Read (Just now)

-

Taemin was a nice but talkative guy. He had large, boxy glasses and seemed to permanently wear a lopsided grin. Apparently, he was his father's secretary and had been working at the company for twenty-plus years. Yoongi didn't really care, to be honest, but he nodded his head along anyway, just to be nice. After the drive that feels like an eternity, Taemin parks in front of a large building and the black-haired man doesn't even have to look very hard to see that it's the right place.

Inside, there are many people bustling about - all of them look as high class and snobby as Yoongi had imagined. His father's business specialized in preparing and maintaining important financial reports. Preparing tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time. They evaluate financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help organizations run efficiently. So, basically, accounting. Yawn. Running a tattoo and piercing parlour was definitely more up Yoongis alley.

Taemin leads him to the front desk where he is handed a card that looks like it unlocks things and then they make their ascend to the top floor of this gigantic building - the slow elevator ride is incredibly awkward - and soon they are standing at the frosted glass door of what Yoongi guesses is his father's office. He sees the vague, blurry silhouette of someone sitting at a desk. The man in the boxy glasses and boxy suit knocks on the door thrice. A muffled 'come in!' Seeps through the thin walls and Yoongi could recognize that voice from a mile away. Be it through a door or across a table or over the phone. That evil voice haunts his dreams. It's ruff and deep and resembles his own but Yoongi refuses to believe he and his father are anything alike. Taemin is then confidently pushing open the door and Yoongi sees the devil in the flesh. He glows red in the boy's mind, horns and tail and fire and malicious grin. The only fact is that spine-chilling, Cheshire cat, downright despicable stretch of lips.