ten

(Jimin sighed as he sank into his seat. He looked longingly at the desk next to his and sighed. He missed his best friend, Kim Taehyung. He was chosen at random to be the transfer student in the exchange with the French school Jimin didn't care enough about to ask the name of.

It was a great opportunity, to go to France. It would look great on his resume and Jimin had reassured his friend - when the sweet boy wondered how he felt about this -  that he'd be fine. No need to worry. And he wasn't lying, he would be fine - but he can't deny the fact that he misses him.

The door opens and Jimin looks up to see Min Yoongi walk in. His lip immediately curls up in disgust as they make eye contact. Bleh. Yoongi wasn't wearing his blazer (which was unusual of him,) So his short-sleeved polo shirt put his ballpoint pen tattoos on display for everyone to see. They changed every day; sometimes they would be done only with black and sometimes other colours would join into the mix. Today seemed to be a black-only day.

The elder only rolls his eyes, and Jimin thinks a scoff falls out of his mouth as he goes to take his seat but he can't hear him too well over the loud chitter-chatter of their classmates. Jimin then glances back at the door and sees another boy walk in. He had fluffy brown hair and wore his uniform half tucked in and his tie halfway done. It looked like he was in a rush to get here as he adjusts his uniform to fit the standard.

There's something familiar about him. And Jimin realizes that he had seen him at the dance studio from afar. He remembers his routine. How he looked so natural with his group - Neuron, he thinks - and yet, even though they were performing as a group, the boy was obviously the star of the show. His stage presence was dominating and enchanting and Jimin had had a hard time trying to look away.

Now, he's walking up to him (still trying to tuck in his shirt and fix his tie.) He places his bag on the desk Taehyung would usually claim as he looks over to Jimin. "This seat taken?" Jimin finds it hard to shake his head 'no' but he manages anyway. The boy smiles as he sits down.

The bell rings and the teacher enters the room.

"I'm Hoseok, by the way.")

"I'm sorry..." He bows, sorrowful expression on his face. Jimin wants to be mad at him, he really does. But it's extremely hard to be mad at someone who looks like a kicked puppy. (Also, Jimin thinks that the side effects of the drug he was given haven't completely worn off yet, so his senses and emotions are still kind of dampened.)

"It's fine, Hobi-Hyung... I just wanna know what happened and why you left so abruptly...?" Taehyung nods from behind "I actually wanna know this too." He says, urging the brunette to explain. Hoseok sighs, bringing a hand up to rub at his neck; seemingly a habit he still hadn't broken yet. "Aish... It's not really that interesting..." He takes a moment to prepare himself.

"Where do I begin? Okay... Well, I guess I should start with the fact that my parent got a divorce..." Both Jimin and Taehyung frown at him but he waves a hand to dismiss their pity. "Nah, don't worry about it. It was definitely better than living in one house together. My parents would always get into it and I would have to hide in my room and try to block their screams with some music." He's laughing at the memory but the hurt on his face is evident. "Yeah... Definitely for the best..."

"Anyway, I had to decide on if I was going to stay with my dad here in Korea or leave to go to England with my mum. I decided to pick my mum." Hoseok continues, "So we moved there. I went to University there and even got a pretty good job." He smiles, and that seems to be the end of his story but the two younger boys certainly have a ton of questions.

"Why did your mum choose to move to England?" Jimin questions. "Ah, we're fully Korean. But my grandparents moved there when she got married, and my mum wanted to be with them." Hoseok explains. "Why are you back here in Korea, then?"

That question seems to shock Hoseok, but he also looks like he was expecting it. His face grows sullen as his eyes harden in sadness. "She... She Uhm... Died last month... Uh... My grandparents and extended family wanted to hold the funeral here in Korea as this was where she was born and raised... The funeral is long gone but my dad offered me a place to stay and I decided to take him up on that offer.." He takes a shaky breath, trying to stop himself from crying. "I don't know why Im still here... I guess it's just because...being here isn't where she died. I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to England and I don't even know if I want to, y'know...?"

That's when Taehyung leaps forward to embrace the elder in a hug. Jimin wants to hug him as well, but he begins to feel lightheaded once more. Taehyungs saying something about how "we're always here for you!" And Jimin longs to agree but it's obvious that whatever the hell Hangyeol had spiked his drink with was meant to last a long time and the effects were meant to come in waves. The thought that he needed Jimin to be out of it for a while made him shiver in fear.

The pinkette wishes he had time to be thankful for his wonderful friends but he feels extraordinarily nauseous. "Jiminie?" Taehyung questions, "Are you okay?" He can't even answer. Fuck. He hated this feeling. This feeling of uselessness, of weakness. God, it was the worst.

"I think you need to lay down," Hoseok says from presumably in front of him but he sounded light-years away. "Y-Yeah.."