seven

After cleaning up the whole cheeseball fiasco, the kitchen falls silent as Jimin starts mixing up the frosting for the undecorated cupcakes and Yoongi checks a work-related email. The black-haired man quickly glances up to see the younger pouring white powder onto a spoon. He looks away but then immediately does a double-take before calling out: "What is that?" "Uh... Sugar?" Jimin looks confused. "You sure?" Yoongi asks. "Yeah? Why?"

"Taste it." The elder says. The pinkettes eyebrows furrow "I'm not tasting it, I know it's sugar." He's stubborn, as always. Yoongi has to repress a sigh before telling him again "Taste it." Jimin scoffs "Hyung, I know it's sugar, stop being so annoying." He said it again. Yoongi decides to think about what that meant later. "Petal." He says but the other already begins pouring the powder in.

Yoongi takes two long steps and grabs the spoon from Jimin's hand, relieved that only a tiny bit had gotten into the mixture. The younger's whining about how the elder is being so rude in the background but Yoongi pays him no mind. Seeing the granules up close now, he knows his assumptions were correct. He pinches a little bit off the spoon and places it on his tongue.

"Why do y--" "It's salt." "What?" "It's salt, here see for yourself." Yoongi brings the spoon up to Jimins pretty lips. The younger flinches his head back at the spoon being brought up so abruptly but takes a tiny taste anyway. It is salt.

"oh..." He mumbles lowly, embarrassment washing over him as his face flushes red. Yoongi laughs at him, reaching over the counter to grab the actual sugar, making a show out of tasting it and nodding his head "Definitely sugar." He adds in a playful tone just to be a little shit as he pours it in. Jimin is scowling at him now "W-whatever... Jin-Hyung needs to start labelling this stuff. " His remark is muffled by the sound of the electric mixer as Yoongi starts it up.

-

"Thanks for agreeing to come over, Namjoon-ah" Seokjin smiles, stopping his movements. Namjoon also stops and smiles "Again, anytime. I love to help out." They grin wider before getting back to work brushing the floor. It's mostly for show as the floor was already spotless to begin with. Namjoon had given Seokjin a strange look when he suggested that they clean it but didn't say anything. Maybe the elder just wanted to do it to say that he did it.

They hear muffled footsteps and giggling and immediately know that it's the two youngest boys. They had already finished moving the furniture so now they were just messing around. Namjoon knows they are playing some vague form of hide and seek as he had overheard them talking about it. A "Got you!" echoes down the hall immediately followed by shrieks of mumbled laughter sneaking through the thin walls.

"Aish, those two..." Seokjin says fondly. Namjoon chuckles and answers with "Yeah, they really are something, huh?" More silence save for the faraway voices of Jungkook and Taehyung. Then, the brunette looks up "What's it like living with Jungkook?" It sounds like he's just trying to start conversation but perhaps he really is interested. "Ah... It's not really anything out of the ordinary." Namjoon explains.

"We don't talk to each other very often as we usually keep to ourselves but sometimes he wants to watch movies together or have a 'family dinner' as he calls them." The blonde laughs softly, adoration shining in his eyes.

"Yoongi-Hyung always makes a big deal of complaining but then he's the first at the table. Sometimes during the winter, Jungkook likes to crash in either mine or Hyungs room. He says his room is too cold but we all know that's bullshit because we purposely gave him the warmest room, I find it cute how he just wants to cuddle."

Seokjin awes at how softly Namjoon talks about Jungkook, it's very obvious that he holds him closely like a little brother. "That's adorable. I wish I had a roommate like that." Namjoon raises an eyebrow. "Do you have a roommate Hyung?" The elder shakes his head.

"No... This house was a gift from my parents. I live here because I cherish them and am immensely thankful for their kindness. However, I do have to admit that this house is definitely too big for one person." He chuckles but Namjoon can hear the cleverly hidden pain underneath. "That's why I like throwing parties. My favourite thing is a house that's full and warm, even if it's by people I barely know."

This only feeds Namjoons curiosity. He feels bad about prying but knows that if he feels uncomfortable, Seokjin will say so. "Oh, do you want a family one day?" He questions. Seokjin looks at him, an expression of longing in his eyes. "Oh god yes. I've always wanted a family. I've always imagined adopting children and spoiling them rotten. However, I've decided to put my career first before settling down."

Namjoon continues sweeping "Don't want any children of your own?" He asks. "Ah..." The elder sounds unsure "I mean I wouldn't mind it but I'm not really attracted to women and I don't have any close female friends to be my surrogate so I think I'd have to adopt."

Namjoon stops sweeping. "Oh? What's your sexuality?" Seokjin also stops sweeping. "I'm gay." He says. "Is that a problem?" "O-oh, no, it's not a problem!" The blonde seems a bit panicked "Gosh, I really hope it didn't read that way?" Seokjin only laughs "Nah, I'm just messing. You're fine." Namjoon sighs in relief "Thank god. I'm actually pansexual myself, so if I had a problem then I'd be a real hypocrite." They both laugh.

-

The first three guests had already arrived. A couple and their friend who Seokjin seemed to know. They all greeted each other as Jimin struggled to remember them. He hoped they either hadn't met before or they had also forgotten Jimin because he couldn't recognize their faces for the life of him.

"Oh, Jimin-ah!" Shit.

The woman walks up to him, raising her hand for what looks like a handshake. Jimin gets ready to shake her hand but is instead suffocated in a hug. She laughs "It's been so long!" Then she breaks the hug but keeps her arms around the pinkette. "Aish, you haven't forgotten me, have you?" She jokes as Jimin breaks into a cold sweat. "A-are you kidding... How could I ever...?"

"Uh... Hun?" One of the men that she had walked in with speaks up awkward and practically saves Jimins life as she lets him go to grab the other man's arm and bring him closer. "Babe, this is Park Jimin. He was the top student in my Literature class!" And it's like Jimins mind had finally unclogged and a memory that he had long forgotten rushes back to the surface.

("Hey there! I'm Choi Hajoon... But you can call me the love of your life!")

She was like that with everyone, pretending that they had the fattest crush on her and teasing them about it. And for many of the students who were subject to her playful banter, they did have a crush on her. She was absolutely stunning at a time most teenagers hit their ugly phase. And she was still stunning now. It seemed as if she had grown her hair out - in high school it was shoulder length and bleached blonde, always looking fresh. Now, her hair was a healthy auburn and reached up to about her waist. She wore a simplistic purple dress.

The man that stood nervously next to her had a very fluffy haircut. It covered most of his eyes which only added to his anxious look. His hair was so black it looked like it had been dyed and he wore round glasses that seemed like the ones without any prescription and just for fashion. He wore a plain button-up and black jeans. "Jimin-sshi, this is Choi Jiwon, my husband of many years. I don't think you two were in any classes together but we all went to the same high school!" Jimin and Jiwon shake hands and respectfully bow to one another.

Jimin then looks over to their friend. He stands still and is very quiet. He is wearing a long black jacket and his brown hair is slicked back. "Oh and that is our dear friend, Kim Hangyeol. We met after high school, so you wouldn't have met him before." The pinkette bows to him slightly but he doesn't respond. Doesn't do anything... Just stands there. His stare is intense and threatening, he looks bulky under his jacket. Jimin looks over to Taehyung and sees him give him that look. If someone doesn't sit right with Kim Taehyung they are simply not to be trusted.

"Actually," It's Yoongis voice that catches everyone off guard. "I was the top student in Literature class."