twenty nine

"I see. So you want me to drop the eviction and in return, you'll train for the position of CEO but only on the weekends?"

Yoongi nods. "Yes." His father raises both his eyebrows. "And what happens when you've finished you're training?" He asks.

"Well then, I'll quit my current job and take over the business. but I get to decide when my training is over and you have to leave my friends alone." His father grins devilishly and it's extremely unnerving. "Deal." He reaches his hand out to shake and Yoongi hesitantly takes it.

The black-haired boy goes to take a sip of his coffee but finds that the cup is empty. He really hopes that he doesn't regret this.

-

When Yoongi returns from his endeavour he's a bit surprised to see that his red-haired friend talking to what he could only assume was a new client. However, they weren't at the consultation table or at the front desk either. instead, they were standing at Jungkooks half of their workspace and Yoongi thinks the younger is showing him his most recent artworks.

When he walks in, Jungkook immediately turns around to greet him. "Hyung! How did it go?" He asked, rightfully curious because this studio was a massive part of his life. "It went... Smoothly? He agreed to my conditions and I'm starting next weekend. Who's this?" Yoongi sits down on his chair and looks up at Jungkook and his friend. His friend looks very scared for some untold reason.

"This is Jung Hoseok. I've mentioned him before, haven't I?" The name vaguely rings a couple of bells, Hoseok smiles nervously. "Oh, your high school friend who left the country?" He guesses. "Yes! That's him. He came back to Korea because of some family issues but now he's here to stay and.. Well, I'll let him ask you himself." Jungkook gestures for Hoseok to continue and he runs a hand through his brown hair before complying.

"Uhm, I've been staying with my dad for some time but I'd like to move out. That means that I need a job... And Jungkook told me you were looking for someone to be the receptionist? If you wouldn't mind... May I have the position?"

Yoongi thinks about it for a second. He doesn't really know Hoseok that well but Jungkook seems to trust him and this would prevent him from having to go through all the hassle to get someone to apply. The black-haired man doesn't really see any glaring downsides so he shrugs his shoulders.

"Sure, I don't see why not. Welcome aboard, Jung Hoseok."

-

Jimin always feels nervous about ringing doorbells but, after a deep breath, he finds the courage to reach out and press down the sleek black one right in front of him. He hadn't told anyone about his whereabouts beforehand and Jimin only realizes now how stupid that was, he prays that someone's home.

Fortunately, the door opens only a few minutes later and on the other side stands a confused-looking Seokjin. "Jimin-ah? What are you doing here?" The boy is wearing an oversized white T-shirt with some baggy black sweat pants underneath, his hair is messy but looks soft and in his hands, he holds a blue mug. He looks like he wasn't expecting company and Jimin doesn't blame him since it is a cold Saturday morning. "Hyung I... I need some advice.."

Seokjin lets the pinkette inside and leads him into the kitchen. Jimin hadn't expected to see Namjoon sitting at the kitchen island wearing black headphones connected to a grey laptop but he doesn't question it. Maybe he had also appeared unannounced looking for a better place to work? But then again, his hair is also messy and Jimin thinks his clothes resemble sleepwear- black shorts and a pink hoodie. Who wears shorts if they're leaving the house? Had Namjoon slept over?

Jimin then remembers that it's none of his business.

"Oh, hi Jimin." The blonde says, looking away from his screen. "Hello, Hyung.." Jimin didn't really know Namjoon that well but he does vaguely remember meeting him in school some years back. He thinks that Jungkook had invited him over to the dorm they shared with Taehyung. If Jimins blurry memories are correct; Namjoon had majored in music.

Seokjin had placed his empty mug into the sink but now was sitting at the kitchen island alongside Namjoon. He gestures for Jimin to join them. The pinkette obliges slowly and decides to sit parallel to both of them. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

Jimin suddenly realizes that he had been holding his breath, he lets it go. "I've been.. Thinking lately..."

"Yeah? About what?" Seokjin prompts him to continue. Namjoon also listens and Jimin is actually kind of grateful that he is, perhaps he has some insight on Yoongi that Seokjin would not.

"Well... Uh.. About Yoongi.." Namjoon wears a surprised expression but only for a second before he puts it away. Jimin knows that his next sentence is going to drag it back out again. "This going to sound really crazy but... We um, we kissed recently..." The youngest in the room was correct in his assumption as Namjoon and Seokjin both look completely shell-shocked. Jimin decides to lay it all out on the table. "And.. This wasn't our first time either..."

Seokjin gains his composure whilst Namjoon still seems stunned. "How did it happen? Both times, I mean." Jimin sighs again before explaining both situations fully. During his explanation, Namjoon seems to understand more and more and Seokjin wears a blank expression but nods his head to show that he is following.

"... That is basically it, so..."

Namjoon finally speaks up. "You came here looking for advice, right? What did you want it on?"

"I want to talk to Yoongi about what happened but... I have like no clue how. Taehyung said that I should just do it but I don't know how to do it. That's why I came here. So, can you help me?"

They both think for a while. Seokjin then smiles warmly. "Well... I'd say you should go talk to him as soon as possible. Maybe if he's on his break? You can ask Jungkook to leave the room if you feel uncomfortable, I'm sure he'll have no quarrels with that. Then, just say that you want to talk about what happened the night you two kissed. If you're straight up about it, then he'll probably be more willing to tell you how he really feels." Jimin listens carefully, feeling immensely grateful that he has such an amazing friend.

"Yeah, if I know anything about Yoongi after rooming with him for three years, it's that he prefers being forward about things. He hates it when people like playing games." Jimin was counting on Namjoon having some insight and it seems as though the blonde had delivered. Thinking about it now, Namjoons words made a lot of sense. Yoongi was always cut and dry with his words. Jimin was kind of the opposite.

"Thank you so much, Hyungs."

They both smile at him. "Anytime. I like your tattoo, by the way" Seokjin says. "Yeah, it's really nice." Namjoon agrees.

Jimin thanks them again and then goes back to wondering why Namjoon was here in the first place.