forty

Jungkook is currently obsessing over whether a bucket hat is appropriate date attire whilst Namjoon is telling him that it ultimately doesn't matter because the redhead would look good in a paper bag for goodness sake and Yoongi can't help but feel jealous. When Yoongi gets upset - properly upset. Angry. Agitated - it's internal. Endogenous. He is no bull in a china shop, charging forward blindly; only seeing red.

He lounges over the couch, legs piled on top of each other, thinking not about the wrinkles that will inevitably be drawn into his white button due to his dawdling position. He doesn't want to leave the house. He doesn't want to see that signature egotistic, pompous expression his father seems to have permanently slapped onto his face. He doesn't want to deal with Jaeyoungs infuriatingly overgenerous small talk that'll just waste breath and air. He doesn't want to sit through another one of Eun-Jeongs long winded - and totally incorrect- rants of how potential triumphs passion. He doesn't want to do anything. All he wants to do is crash into his bed and sleep. Not arising until all his problems sort themselves out.

Yoongi feels a groan rattle throughout his entire body. Jungkook decides to wear the bucket hat but now he's freaking out over which shoes to wear. Namjoon looks like he wants to bonk the younger on the head. The thought of just not going has swam in and out of Yoongis' mind too many times to count. But he wouldn't put it past his father to move the party up here if he doesn't go. That's the last thing Yoongi wants. Obviously, what he wants doesn't really seem to matter in the grand scheme of things. His father had rented out a private room at a restaurant venue that's a forty-minute bus ride out and apparently, it's an all-you-can-eat (and drink) buffet. The corners of his lips twitch upward - at least there'll be alcohol to numb the agony.

"But, Hyung! What if I'm underdressed!?"

"Kook, please-"

"You're not underdressed. He's going casual like you. I'm leaving now."

Yoongi hops up from the couch, stretching his arms above his head. He furrows his eyebrows at the crack that resounds. Ambling to the front door, Yoongi pays no mind to the confused gazes locked onto him.

"How do you-" Yoongi shuts the door behind him.

-

Jimin:

r u sure ur gonna be ok?

Yoongi:

Yes, Jimin-ah, I'll be fine.

I'm almost there.

Jimin:

oooo i want live updates

Yoongi:

My life is not your private K-drama.

Jimin:

it is now >:)

updates plzzz

Yoongi:

Fine.

-

"Yoongi-ah, I'm glad you could find time to squeeze us into what I'm sure must be a very busy schedule. Take a seat, son, the food will be out soon."

-

Yoongi:

Update #1: My dad's being an absolute prick right off the bat.

You haven't met him officially, have you?

Jimin:

nope! and im happy to be none the wiser