twenty seven

"You kissed him twice?!"

"Yes, okay, Tae, I did..!"

Jimin was starting to get tired of all of Taehyungs questioning.

"And you both just decided to act like nothing happened??"

"I don't know? We kind of just never brought it up again..."

The chime of a bell rings and in walks an old lady holding the hand of a small child.

"You're an idiot." Taehyung whispers before he turns to help out their brand new customers.

Jimin agrees. He is an idiot.

-

Yoongi feels like an idiot.

And an asshole.

And clueless.

He sinks deeper into his leather chair and takes a breath that feels like it's shattering his very bones.

(When he arrived home four days ago Namjoon was lounging on the couch. He looks away from the TV when Yoongi walks in and gives him a nod of acknowledgement. "Wondered where you were, Hyung, good to see you're still alive." The blonde then turns back to the show he's watching and that was that.)

Jungkook notices that Yoongi seems off. "Everything good, Hyung?" He asks still looking at the mirror, brushing his hands through his newly cut and dyed hair. Cherry red spiky strands frame his face like a halo and are as long as his ear, barely brushing against his silver eyebrow piercings.

"Yes..." Yoongi lies, but then he changes his mind. "Actually, no, I'm not good." Jungkook hums. He walks away from the mirror and sits on his chair. "Okay, what's up?" He says, full attention on his friend. Yoongi sighs again, sitting up on his chair, he reaches over to the filing cabinet and pulls open a drawer. From there, he fetches the folded yellow piece of paper. Yoongi tosses it to Jungkook without unfolding it.

Raising a suspicious eyebrow, Jungkook hesitantly opens up what he doesn't know is the eviction notice.

And then he does know it's the eviction notice.

"Ah..." Is all his mind can conjure up at the moment. Higher brain function returning, Jungkook looks Yoongi dead in the eye. "We haven't been paying rent?" Yoongi laughs. "We have. Got the records to prove it and everything..." That doesn't do all that much to clear the air. "Then... Why did they send this to us?"

"Well.. 'They' are my father. It seems as though his stupid threat wasn't empty after all..."

"... So we have to leave...?" His eyes are wide and uncertain.

Yoongi shrugs his shoulders. "Dunno. He said I have two weeks to call him back with my decision or else we'll have to go through with it. Mentioned something about coming to a compromise..."

"A compromise, huh..?"

-

Yoongi:

Yoongi has sent a location!

Meet me here tomorrow at 2 pm.
Read: 10:54 pm

-

Whilst preparing for his tattoo, Jimin had read somewhere that there's no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to how much pain one typically feels when getting tattooed, however many people had compared it to the feeling of a mild sunburn. Jimin wonders if he may have trusted the wrong people. The pain was intense. The pinkette thinks that a much better comparison would be to the feeling of a thousand bees stinging sharply over and over.

It burns. It itches. It hurts. Jimin wants to lay down and die but he has a business to run so he perseveres. At the very least, the pain does a decent job of keeping his mind off of the kiss(es). Taehyung had already made his early departure but the last words that came out of his mouth before the door had shut loudly still ring in Jimins ears.

("What do I even do?"

Taehyung sighs, picking up his bag from the desk.

"Listen, Jimin, first you have to ask yourself if you even want to do anything. If you want anything to come out of this strange situation. If you don't, then you don't do anything. If you do, then you grow up, walk across the street and tell Yoongi how you feel.")

Honestly, Jimin hadn't expected Taehyung to come up with something as thoughtful but also straightforward as that. He kind of just expected to be made fun of for the rest of his life - however, that is still on the table, no doubt. Thinking about it retrospectively, it was some pretty good advice. But taking into account his sweaty palms and beating heart, Jimin didn't think he was up to it.

Not to even mention the fact that he had been so consumed with what to do and what Yoongi would do that he had forgotten to think about how he feels. How he feels about Yoongi. How he feels about the kisses. How he feels about everything.

God, he really had a lot to unpack, didn't he?