thirty seven

Jimin sighs heavily. When Taehyung told him a couple of days back that Jungkook had asked him on a date, the pinkette was ecstatic. He jumped out of his chair to embrace the younger in a koala hug and told the blue-haired boy how happy he was for him. But... That made him think about his own love life. And how utterly terrible it currently was.

The store is quiet. Taehyung had already taken his usual early departure and now Jimins alone. The lights above are yellow and blinding but they do well to combat the darkness that swirls in the sky outside. It gets dark so quick now that it is early December - Jimin thinks about going home to his family for the holidays and how much he misses them. He knows that 'Parks' won't be able to run itself so he'll probably only be able to go home for a short while but he still looks forward to it.

Jimin sighs again, this time, louder. He's in a sour mood. He's angry at Yoongi for brushing him off so easily. He's angry at himself for giving into the temptations of Yoongis sweet lips. (They didn't disappoint but the pinkette is still mad that he fell so easily.) He's angry at the world for pairing him up with the biggest asshole known to mankind. He's just angry.

But, what right does he really have to be? Jimin was the one who wanted to keep their relationship platonic. Maybe this was a good thing. Maybe this way Jimin wouldn't need to do anything at all. He wouldn't have to talk to Yoongi. They would both just make another unspoken pact to sweep their interest in each other under the rug. This is what Jimin wanted, right?

...Jimin isn't so sure of what he wants now.

Suddenly, his phone buzzes. Flinching a little - He hadn't expected the loud sound to ring through such a quiet room - Jimin pulls his phone from his pocket and wants to flinch again when he sees who had just texted him.

-

Yoongi:

Can we talk?

-

The pinkettes thumbs hover over the keypad, he doesn't know how to respond. Should he say Yes? No? Should he tell Yoongi to fuck off or just leave him on read? His heart flutters at the thought of Yoongi actually wanting to have a relationship with him but he kills that hope right then and there. The black-haired man had proven many times before that all he wanted was physical touch. Jimin wouldn't let him have it anymore, he's not just some toy to be thrown away when he's not useful. He steels himself with a deep breath before typing his reply.

-

Jimin:

u didn't seem very interested in talking last time we saw each other

what changed between then n now?

Yoongi:

Look, I get that you're mad at me. I'd be mad at me too. If you come over I'll explain everything.

A lot has changed. Too much to say over the phone.

Jimin:

idk where u live

Yoongi:

Is that you saying yes?

Jimin:

no thats me saying idk where u live

Yoongi:

Yoongi has sent a location!

Floor three, room A2.

Jimin:

...

why arent u at work rn?