seventeen

A pretty shade of red had immediately made itself known across Jungkooks cheeks and nose but he didn't press the issue any further. Taehyung hated to admit that the dark letters written in neat handwriting looked nice splayed across his skin. Getting the tattoo applied hurt like a bitch, though. But he was able to push through it.

Now, Taehyungs one and only goal was to win a bet against Jimin and force him to get a tattoo also. He had made several attempts already but they had all failed. Jimin had been particularly nice with the punishments recently, probably because he was scared his best friend would do anything, even if he brought it up jokingly. This niceness, however, didn't deter Taehyung.

As they were walking to work together as they usually did, the eyes of the brunette landed on something that they had landed on many times before. It was the elevated edge of the sidewalk. Taehyung had seen many elementary school children attempt to balance on the edge, some of them succeed whilst others failed. Taehyung then remembered one of Jimins major weaknesses. His clumsiness.

"Hey, bet you can't walk on that edge down the whole road without falling off."

-

"Hyung?"

Yoongi was currently lying in bed scrolling through social media on his phone. His store was closed on Wednesdays since Jungkook was still taking extra classes and couldn't be there to help. Usually on Wednesday, Yoongi doesn't bother getting ready apart from a quick shower as soon as he awakes. Other than that, he roams around his shared flat in his pyjamas and messy hair that gets really puffy when he lets it air dry.

As of right now, the black-haired man had just gotten out of the shower and thrown on a white t-shirt and black shorts - hair still sopping wet. When a knock was placed upon his door, Yoongi didn't think anything of it, granting whoever it was permission inside. However, it could only be one person since Jungkook was still at class.

"Yes, Namjoon-ah?" Namjoon looks tense. He's wearing a green hoodie and black sweatpants both of which are loose around his broad frame. "Uh... There's someone here to see you..." Yoongi cocks an eyebrow. "Who is it?" "You... You might wanna see for yourself."

The elder's confusion is apparent but the younger doesn't budge. Yoongi sighs and places his phone on the bedside table before standing up and following Namjoon into the living room. The usually short walk down the hallway seems eerily long and the dim lights that hung low on the ceiling and didn't really bother Yoongi all that much suddenly made goosebumps arise along the exposed expanse of his ink-covered arms. Something wasn't right.

By the time they finally turned the corner that led to the open plan living room/kitchen hybrid, Yoongi had already imagined all the different kinds of people that could be sitting on his couch waiting for him. His thoughts varied from one of his friends like Seokjin. Or one of his not-friends like Jimin. Or God forbid one of his clients unhappy with his work. However, shock and fear infiltrate his heart when he is face to face with the last two people he couldn't even bring himself to think of.

"Mother. Father."

(Thunder and lightning crashed heavily outside. Rain like bullets of regret, fear, pain. Yoongi stood with his back to the large windows but he could still imagine the way the droplets flood the streets. And even though the windows were shut closed, the boy still feels a chill of air flow through him. A shiver down his spine.

"W-what... Did you say...?"

In front - or rather above - him stood the two people who were meant to be the ones to shelter him from the rain. The ones who were meant to cover his ears when thunder rumbled loud above and hold his hand when lighting struck too close. Instead, here they were, shoving him out into the harsh weather without an umbrella or coat to protect himself with.

"We said we're kicking you out." Simply answered his father. Face stern and unforgiving like it always is. However today it seems harsher than usual. His mother decides to elaborate. "You have broken too many of our rules, my son, and getting that accursed tattoo was the last straw. You have to leave. Now."

Yoongi felt hot tears prick his eyes. "You're kidding, right?" His voice is but a mere high-pitched whimper. He had just only finished school, how was he going to support himself? "No. We are not. We've already done you the favour of packing your stuff." From the table behind them, his father picks up two large cardboard boxes. Cardboard would not survive the intense rain outside. "Get out."

A door slammed in his face. Yoongi stood barefoot in the storm. His tears beg him to bang on the door until his parents have no choice but to let him back inside. However, the dull sting left from where he had gotten the tattoo tells him to call the police and get his parents thrown in jail for the abuse they had subjected him to.

He does neither. Instead, Yoongi turns away from his childhood home and, with his bare feet and cardboard boxes that are quickly succumbing to the heavy jets of water from above, begins his search for his new life.)

"Yoongi-ah," His father is the first to speak, the sharpness of his face lost to the wrinkles of time. "We've missed you." Yoongi feels immense rage bubble up from the depths of his body. Feelings that he had shoved far far away because there was no point in being pissed off at people he would never see again.

Well, here these people were. Looking at him as if were a kicked puppy. Sympathy only making him even more pissed off.

What they seemed to be forgetting was the fact that they were the ones to kick him.