sixteen

"I hate you with every fibre in my body." Taehyung states in a monotonous voice. Jimin just giggles. "Don't lie~ you love me." And the younger can't even deny it.

Over the past couple of weeks both Jimin and Taehyung had been betting with each other and the challenges and consequences had been getting crazier and crazier. Once, the brunette had been determined that his dog, Yeontan, could never be provoked as he was "too sweet of a guy!" But when the pinkette had successfully gotten a semi-aggressive bark out of the usually chill dog, Taehyung was paying for dinner. The consequences varied from paying for things, which was not that bad, to getting a piercing wherever the winner decides; that was much worse.

During their most recent endeavour, Jimin had jokingly suggested that Taehyung should get Jungkooks initials tattooed on him since he was obviously never getting over him. Taehyung, being the competitive shithead he was, decided to go on a date with a random girl he found online just to spite his best friend.

("Bet that you'll only be thinking of Jungkook during that date."

"For real?"

"Yep"

"Okay, if you're right I'll get that stupid tattoo, but if I'm right you get whatever tattoo I want. Deal?"

"Deal.")

Now, here Taehyung was glaring daggers at Jimin whilst sitting in the store across the street and waiting for either Jungkook or Yoongi to be finished with their clients. He hoped and prayed Yoongi would be finished first. Jimin slapped him on the back "You kinda brought this onto yourself, my love." "Shut it."

Surprisingly, the buzzing of the tattoo needles are oddly soothing. Taehyung had never gotten a tattoo before, so it was obvious that he was nervous. They had compromised on his wrist - easy to cover but not completely hidden away. (When Jimin suggested he get the tattoo on his forehead, Taehyung was ready to slap him into oblivion.) The boy had never really thought of getting a tattoo but he was never opposed to the idea. It was also kind of exciting, this would be his first tattoo and he wondered if he should believe the "it hurts like hell" people or the "it doesn't hurt at all" people.

"Okay, just keep that wrapped up for a while. This obviously isn't your first tattoo so I can assume you know how to take care of it?" Taehyung feels all his excitement disappear in an instant as he realizes Jungkook had just finished and was going over the final details. He feels his stomach drop and is once again considering throwing Jimin into the void when he snickers childishly. "Whoopsie, looks like you've got a dilemma on your hands."

If looks could kill, Jimin would be lying dead on the floor and Taehyung would feel intense satisfaction over it.

Jungkook leads the client to the cash register and she pays the second half of the cost before heading out the door. "Oh. Why are you two here?" The purple-haired boy looks confused in a way that is so adorable that Taehyung could die right then, right there. "I lost a bet with this asshole. Now I have to get a tattoo." The brunette is good at hiding his emotions. He wears a blank expression but elbows Jimin in the side as an act of small revenge. Jimin makes a small 'ow!' sound but knows he deserves it.

"Ah, okay, come this way then."

Jimin thinks if it was Yoongi standing at the register he would've called the police on them.

They follow Jungkook only a little ways further into the store and see two leather chairs. The chair in the left-hand corner of the room is occupied by a man who looks to be in his late thirties. His arms and legs are covered in tattoos and he has his phone on in one hand whilst none other than Min Yoongi is currently adding to the gallery on his other. Yoongi is faced away from them and is sat on an expensive-looking wheeled chair. He doesn't pay them any mind and neither does the guy he's working on. In the right-hand corner of the room is an unoccupied leather chair, it's supposedly Jungkooks side of the room. In between the two chairs are wooden shelves painted black and full of a rainbow of different inks. (Probably the only thing with colour in this damn place.)

"Just take a seat right here." Jungkook gestures to the empty chair and Taehyung unceremoniously plops himself down. Jungkook grabs his own wheeled chair and glides toward him. The purplette has his hair tied back into a tight bun and is wearing a black dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows - showing off his (very attractive, if you were to ask Taehyung) tattoo sleeve. His hands are clad with black plastic gloves and he opens his mouth to speak. "So what were you looking to get?"

Jimin, who was kind of awkwardly standing off to the side, decides now it's his turn to speak up. "He wants to get someone's initials, it's his punishment." He speaks in a mocking tone as he ruffles Taehyung's brown hair degradingly, Taehyung swats his hand away and Jungkook makes this airy chuckle noise and if it weren't so damn hot Taehyung would totally be stabbing Jimin with the tattoo needle right now. They all miss the way Yoongi also laughs, soundless.

"That's nice and easy so we won't need a stencil. What are the initials?" Apparently, Jimin had forgotten how to speak all of sudden as he leaves this task for Taehyung. He really, truly hates the idiot. (Not really.) The brunette feels his cheeks begin to heat up. "Uhm... They are..." He hesitates. Would Jungkook immediately catch on? Would he refuse to do it? Would he see Taehyung in a different light? Or would he be oblivious?

Oh well, losers are losers and he did kind of bring this upon himself.

"It's JJK."