twenty five

Yoongi wakes up with an irritating headache.

The sheets underneath him are soft and fluffy and as he flutters his eyes open he sees that they're a bright shade of white. Yoongis sheets are not white. Alarm bells ringing, the black-haired man jolts upwards to properly take in his foreign surroundings but perhaps he did so too quickly as the pain on his mind multiplies tenfold.

He winces at the almost rhythmic pounding against his skull but his suspicions were correct, he definitely wasn't in his room. Just as he was about to start panicking, the door swings open and in walks none other than Park Jimin with what looked like headache pills in one hand and a glass of water in the other. Flashes of the night before infiltrate Yoongis mind.

("Petal.. I.. Lied..")

"Looks like you're finally awake." The pinkette smiles softly. He places the glass down, with a clink, on the bedside table and opens up the box of pills, popping two of them out of their silver container and handing them over to the elder. Yoongi cups the colourless pills in one hand but his eyes are glued to the man who stands still, waiting for him.

"What happened last night?"

("I don't hate you.")

A pretty shade of pink is dusted along Jimins cheeks and nose and his body language morphs from open to closed off as the entails of last night come back to him. "Uhm... You don't remember...?" He seems embarrassed.

(Soft.

The first thing Yoongi notices is that Jimins lips are so very soft like he had always imagined they'd be.

The second thing Yoongi notices is how absolutely wasted he is.)

"No. I don't remember." Yoongi states. "Ah, uh, well you just Uhm... Well, first you called me, like, out of the blue." Jimin starts, and Yoongi listens intensely.

"I was confused but you sounded really drunk and I was concerned so I, uhm, walked over to your studio and took you to my shop since you said you locked yourself out... And then, Uhm, you.... You kind of just... Passed out? Yeah, you just passed out almost immediately so I brought you here to my flat since I don't really know where you live..." The younger only sounds half sure of his story but the elder doesn't question him on it. "Oh." Is what he says instead. "Sorry."

"Yeah... Its.. It's fine..." The silence that occurs promptly after is so awkward and tense that both boys want to jump out of the window. "You should take those pills! They'll help your headache.." Yoongi complies, uttering a curt. "Thanks." After swallowing them down, his gaze still never leaving the others.

As Yoongi begins to stand, he finds that his legs are a bit wobbly but he catches his balance and Jimin leads him to the living room. On the couch is Kim Taehyung, he watches what looks like some shitty reality TV show in frustration. "That's so fucking stupid of you to say! Who wrote this goddamn show?!" He grabs a large handful of popcorn from the bowl on his lap and throws it at the screen. The dog - that Yoongi had somehow missed - was previously cuddled up next to the boy but immediately run after the treats and graciously nibbles them off the ground. "Oh, hi Yoongi." Taehyung adds, nonchalantly.

The black-haired man shoots the pinkette a quizzing gaze. "Don't even ask." He whispers, leading Yoongi over to the door where his worn-down shoes lay waiting for him. The elder quickly slips them on as the younger is hastily unlocking the door. He walks through the now opened door but turns on a whim and accidentally makes eye contact.

(Yoongi smells of alcohol. It's so pungent and Jimin should be immediately turned off by it but he finds himself kissing back in an instant. He just tastes so damn sweet and the kiss is sloppy and messy and neither of them seem to know what they're doing but they still participate enthusiastically. It's dangerous, addicting. Jimin thinks he could kiss Yoongi forever.)

"U-Uhm, so..." Jimin snaps himself out of his trance by speaking. "So..." Yoongi replies. They both make a non-verbal acknowledgement of what really happened last night and that seems to be enough to scare Yoongi away. "I better get going..." He says as a formality. "Yeah.." Jimin whispers as he watches Yoongi walk away.

-

Jimin was going crazy.

He had been trying his darnedest not to think about it but the kiss had been replaying nonstop in his head for four whole days. He didn't know what to do, what he wanted to do. Did he want to confront Yoongi or brush it all under the rug? Would they just act like nothing happened and if that were the case was Jimin forbidden from talking about it?

Taehyung had seemed to catch on to his distracted mood and questioned him about it. Jimin didn't know how to answer so he just dismissed the youngers worries with the flick of his wrist not even fully convincing himself that he was fine, let alone the other.

The only thing he was sure of was that he was most certainly not fine.

The kiss was electric and all those feelings that he said he would explore later had rushed back to the surface and begged to be named. To be known and accepted and labelled. Jimin was scared of his feelings but at least now he knew that at least he wasn't the only one feeling things.

"Just tell me what's wrong!" Taehyung finally erupts. "I already said that nothing's wrong!" Jimin lies. "Yeah, and I don't believe you!" As he had proven many times before, Taehyung was able to see right through him.

The pinkette looks at his best friend. He knows that if there was anyone in this entire world he could entrust a secret with, it was the man standing in front of him right now. He sighs. Then breaks.

"Okay, fine I'll tell you!"

"Thank you!"

He takes a deep breath. "Y'know a couple days back when Yoongi got drunk and I let him stay at our place?" Taehyung raises an eyebrow. "Yes?" Jimins palms are sweaty. "Well... We... We uhm.. Kissed that night... So.."

The youngers eyes widen as his eyebrows shoot to his hairline. "You kissed Yoongi?!!" "You don't have to announce it to the entire world!" Taehyung laughs, incredulous. "I think I fucking do! Min Yoongi? The man who you hate?! You locked lips??" He laughs some more before taking a deep breath and calming down after seeing Jimins deathly glare.

"Okay... You kissed Yoongi..."

"I did..."

"... "

".. Did you like it?"

The pinkette feels his face flush red. "I don't know? Maybe??" Taehyung makes a squawking noise "I can't believe it! You like Yoo-" Jimin marches over to where Taehyung was sitting and smothers his mouth with his hand. "Just shut up, will you? I don't like him.." He then feels something wet slide against his palm, disgusted, he flinches away.

"Did you just lick me?!"

"That's not what's important," Taehyung starts as Jimin wipes his hand against the youngers shirt. "What's important is the fact that I'm never get let you live this down! You're always making fun of me for having a crush on Jungkook whilst you've been secretly ogling Yoongi this whole time!"

"Have not!"

"Have too!"

Jimin groans as Taehyung giggles. "Whatever! It's not even that big of a deal anyway, it's not like this is the first time we've kissed!"

"..."

Jimin realizes his mistake way too late.

"What did you just say?"

"... "

"Oh, yeah..." He laughs nervously "I guess I never told you the story... Did I..?"