eleven

("Park Jimin? I'm surprised to see you here." The teacher that Jimin didn't know the name of slumped lazily at the desk. He seemed to be a P.E teacher judging from his green tracksuit and the silver whistle hanging from his neck.

"O-oh... Yeah... I don't plan to make this a common thing..." He says, guiltily. "Ah, I see, take a seat then." He gestures over to the desks and continues on whilst Jimin begins to walk "No talking or going on your phone. You're allowed to do any schoolwork or you can just sit there for the whole hour. If you make any disruptions then you'll be getting another after school detention on a Friday."

Jimin takes a seat in the corner as his eyes scan the room. Detention was unusually empty today. There was a boy with a buzz cut sleeping with his head against the table near the door of the classroom and a girl brushing her bubblegum pink hair whilst chewing on some of her own bubblegum sitting a couple desks in front of Jimin.

Jimin didn't usually get detention. He had been cramming for his end of unit Physics test and had completely forgotten about the Maths homework he had due the next day. So, naturally, he was penalized with an hour detention after school.

The boy feels a sigh rack through him as he turns to look to his left. There, hunched over the desk in the other corner of the room was Park Jimins academic rival (and the person he hated most in this world) Min Yoongi. And maybe Jimin was glaring so hard that Yoongi could feel two holes being burned into the side of his face because he turns his head seemingly on a whim and makes eye contact with the younger.

Jimin was honestly surprised to see Yoongi here. Almost as surprised as Yoongi was to see him here. His glare only intensifies but then he begins to grow curious. What was Yoongi, the kid who went insane whenever he even thought of his parents being disappointed in him, doing sitting in an after school detention? Did his parents know? Or did he lie to them?

Then, Jimin realizes it's none of his business.

When he turns to the front, Jimin sees the teacher in charge of monitoring detention looking down at his phone with panic blaring in his blue eyes. He stands up abruptly and grabs his coat from the back of his chair, scurrying to put it on. "A-alright guys... I have to go now but you better stay here for the full hour!" He tells whilst rushing to the door. It opens and closes harshly and Jimin thinks he heard the click of a lock.

The girl with the bubblegum hair then turns around. She stares at Jimin for a good second before smiling. "Hi there, I'm Kim Wonhae." Jimin bows his head in greeting "Im-" he tries but Wonhae cuts him off. "I know, Park Jimin Sunbae, right? Everyone knows you and Min Yoongi Sunbae and your so-called rivalry."

Yoongi raises his head at this, suddenly interested in the conversation at the mention of his name."Sunbae? I thought I had a class with you..." "Oh yeah, you guys are my Sunbaes. I'm only taking a higher grade class because my teacher insisted. Says I have potential or whatever. What are you two even in for, anyway?"

Jimin chuckles bashfully "I forgot about the maths homework I had due..." Wonhae nods her head like she gets it, knows how it feels to be punished just for simply being forgetful. Then she looks over to Yoongi. He raises one arm and Jimin belatedly realizes he had been drawing on it this whole time, the fact that he had a pen in his other hand made it even more obvious. "I was adding to my tatts in English and that offended my teacher so he gave me detention."

Wonhae gasps and Jimin feels the same as they both stare at the masterpiece on Yoongis forearm. The open mouth of a dragon roars at them. Every detail is clear as day and Jimin wonders how long that must've taken. The highlights only get as bright as the boy's pale skin, but contrasted with the inky darkness of the pen - which surely must be on its dying breath - the pale skin looks like it's glowing harshly in the consistent lighting of the afternoon sky shining in through the windows.

Jimin stands up and slowly stalks his way over to Yoongis desk, following behind an over-excited Wonhae. The bubblegum head of hair sits at the desk in front of Yoongi. And the more boring brunette head of hair sits next to Yoongi. Wonhae seems to have no problem grabbing the elder's arm and inspecting all the washable tattoos. Asking a thousand questions like: "Which one is your favourite?" "Do you think of new ones every day?" "How are you so talented?" And so on. Jimin watches with his head resting against his palm. Yoongi obviously looks uncomfortable but he answers every one of her questions stiffly and allows her to twist his arm around however she pleases.

Jimin wants to laugh at his forced smile and doesn't miss the way Yoongis entire body immediately relaxes as Wonhae goes to grab her phone that had just started ringing. She starts talking to the person on the other end and is instantly in deep conversation as she plops back down at her original desk.

Jimin giggles aloud as he stabs Yoongi in the shoulder with his elbow. The elder makes a sound that voices his annoyance but doesn't do anything else to stop him. "What, you don't like her? " "S-shes fine, just a bit... Much" "That's mean, she's our Hoobae you know, be nice." Yoongi just rolls his eyes as he gets back to work in decorating his arm. Jimin watches as he usually does.

Yoongi notices the youngers stare and smirks in an annoying sort of confidence. "Impressed, huh?" He gloats, Jimin scoffs. "The only emotion I feel when I'm around you is pain." Yoongi doesn't say anything and Jimin continues to stare.

Then, the elder turns around fully to face him. "If you want a tattoo, I could give on to you. Just stop looking at me like a damn weirdo." Yoongi holds up the pen in offering. The brunette flushes red in either embarrassment or anger, he himself couldn't even tell. But nonetheless, after hesitating for a moment, he agrees.

His stupid smirk only grows. "What do you want?" He asks and Jimin thinks for a moment. "How about a hydrangea?" "A hydra-what-now?" The younger sighs before pulling out his phone and searching up the pretty flower. He taps on a photo of the flowers to enlarge it and practically shoves it in Yoongis face. "This is a hydrangea! Isn't it beautiful?" The elder gives him a look but doesn't say anything.

"Where do you want it?" He questions. "On my shoulder." The brunette says so confidently, he surprises himself. Never one to back down, Jimin pulls off his blue blazer and lifts the sleeve of his white polo shirt. "Here. But just do the outline of it, no shading." He clarifies. Despite holding up a yellow coloured pen, Yoongi instead reaches for one that had a purple coating instead.

The cold tip of a pen presses down onto the soft skin and ebony ink is splayed skillfully across the expanse. Jimin watches as Yoongi falls into deep concentration. Immediately, his eyes are wider than they usually are, with two glistening highlights which resembled stars resonating inside them. He chews lightly on his lower lip whilst his brown gaze flickers between Jimins phone which lay on the desk and his shoulder. The elder then grabs his tricep to prop his arm up and make drawing on it easier. However, the skin to skin contact does something to the youngers stomach and he feels the place where Yoongi holds begin to grow white-hot.

Jimin cannot do anything about that, unfortunately. So he is forced to just sit still and feel the stark contrast between the cool pen and his burning skin. His eyes are, for some reason, glued to Yoongis face. The way his hair falls like a halo around his face; the way he sometimes pokes his tongue out to wet his lips; the almost nonexistent mole that adorned his right cheek. For some reason, it was all so infatuating.

After what felt like both an eternity and a millisecond, the pen is finally lifted and doesn't return, so does the pressure on his arm. Jimin betrays himself as he feels himself immediately miss it. The purple pen is capped with a satisfying sort of 'click' and Yoongi looks up for the first time. "What do you think?" He asks, handing Jimin back his phone.

The younger twists his arm but finds he can't see it properly. He then gets the idea to use his phone camera so he does just that. When he finally sees what Yoongi had done, he forces himself to bite back the gasp that threatened to escape past his lips.

"It's beautiful.")