thirty one

"Wow, these are... adorable." Taehyung says sarcastically but Jimins too excited to care. "I know, right!" He had ordered these cute reddish-brown aprons for both of them to wear during their shifts and they had just arrived today. Perhaps Taehyung was unpleased by the thought of a uniform but Jimin really wanted him to wear it so, of course, he did.

Taehyung had just dyed his hair an oceanic blue so now both boys really fit the image of 'cute flower shop owners' (inherently what Jimin was going for but perhaps not his now blue friend.) Neither of them say anything as they get to work. Today, the elder is handling the pickups and the younger is taking orders. Customers flow in and out of the store and it's a round two hours and a half later when it is just the two boys again - and this is usually the time they take their break.

"So, have you decided what you're gonna do with Yoongi?" Taehyung breaks the silence. Jimin thinks for a second although he had already decided during his conversation with Seokjin. "I think so, yeah. I'm just gonna go up to him and tell him that I wanna know what he thinks about all of this. Then I'll tell him that I don't want to pursue this relationship any further."

At that, Taehyung makes a squawking noise. "What!?" He asks, confusion and shock laced deeply into the word. He turns sharply to look at his friend head-on. "What did you just say?" He asks again. Jimin kind of expected this reaction, he chuckles nervously. "Uh... I just don't think me and Yoongi are compatible, y'know?" The younger shakes his head. "No, I don't know. I didn't say anything about this before but the tension that surrounds everyone whenever you two are near each other is so sexually charged that it's actually insufferable." The pinkettes cheeks match his hair colour.

"That's not what I mean, Tae! Sure, we have some... Tension, but we just get into a lot of arguments. We always have to prove each other wrong and one-up each other - that doesn't exactly sound like the recipe for a healthy relationship. Plus, need I remind you that both times we kissed Yoongi was either drunk and sad or angry and young? I don't even know if he likes me like that..."

Taehyung stares at him blankly and Jimin suddenly feels stupid.

"Okay go tell him, then."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. They usually start their break five minutes after us. So, march across the street and tell Yoongi that you don't want to be with him." His words are phrased like he doesn't believe Jimin can do it. Like a challenge. "Alright. I will." Jimin tries to sound confident even though he knows Taehyung can see right through him.

The blue-haired boy crosses his arms at his chest. "Go on." He nods to the door. The pinkette huffs before taking off his apron and leaving their store. He looks at 'D-town tatts' from the other road and it looks a lot more ominous than usual. When the green little man appears on the traffic lights, Jimin keeps walking until he is face to face with the front entrance.

Timidly, he pushes open the door and three pairs of eyes are immediately on him. Jimins surprised to see Hoseok standing at the front desk. "Hi there, Jiminie." He waves. "Hello, Hyung. I didn't know you worked here." Jimin smiles back as he walks closer. "Yeah, I just started a couple of days ago. What are you doing here?"

At Hoseoks question, Jimin turns to look at the other two people in the studio. Jungkook is looking up from his phone but it seems like he was texting someone. His hair is a fiery shade of fresh red and it suits him nicely. Yoongi has his tongue sticking out and is holding it in place with one hand, in the other he holds a long needle angled at the bottom of his tongue and Jimins eyes widen.

"Jimin-sshi!" Jungkook calls in the playful way he usually does and Yoongi removes the needle from his tongue. "Petal. Why are you here?" Jimin feels something stir in his stomach at the thought of Yoongi giving himself a tongue piercing. "I, uhm.. I came here.. To... Talk to.. You.." The black-haired man puts the needle down and stands up - Jimin can't help but be a little disappointed.

Jungkook and Hoseok share a confused look. Yoongi keeps his gaze securely on Jimin. The elder leans on the counter. "Yeah? About what?" He has a smirk on his face, revealing that he knows what Jimins talking about but is deciding to play dumb anyway. The pinkette then remembers how annoying Yoongi is and instantly feels confident about his decision despite Taehyung being so against it.

"You know what I want to talk about. And um," Jimin looks apologetically at Hoseok and Jungkook. "I kinda want it to be in private...? If you guys don't mind?" Jungkook smiles, sliding off the table he was sitting on and grabbing Hoseok by the shoulder. "No problem, me and Hobi-Hyung were just about to leave anyways!" He raises his eyebrows at Yoongi before shoving a still confused Hoseok out the door. Yoongi doesn't acknowledge Jungkooks knowing look, eyes still glued to Jimin. His gaze sizzling hot.

Now, they are alone.

All of a sudden, Jimin forgets how to talk. Seokjins advice erased from his brain.

"Wha-what were you doing with that needle...?" Jimin asks even though he already knows. Yoongi sighs heavily, turning away from the younger and returning to his side of the tattoo area, picking up the needle from where he left it. "Well I needed a way to spite my father, so I was gonna give myself a tongue piercing but then you walked in so I guess that'll have to wait." Jimin hesitantly walks up to where Yoongi is standing. "Why do you wanna spite your f-"

"Do you regret it?" Yoongi cuts him off.

"What?"

"Do you hate me?" Yoongi changes his question, Jimin had heard both. He doesn't know how to answer either, though.

"W-why would I..?" He settles with. The elder sighs again, this time he sounds more frustrated. "I kissed you without your consent, right? So you probably hate me. Not that you didn't before."

Jimin furrows his eyebrows; that's not how he saw the situation at all. "Hyung..." He begins, not having even the slightest clue on how to respond. "Though I guess we're both to blame for that kiss all those years back, right?"

Yoongi was thinking about that, too.

"Hyung... You didn't.."

"Didn't what? Because I think I did."

"Well, I think you didn't. You were drunk, Hyung. And I guess I was too caught off guard to say no." Jimin shrugs his shoulders, trying to seem nonchalant even during this serious conversation.

"You wanted to say no?" Jimin didn't mean it like that. "T-that's not what I meant... A warning would've been nice, I guess..."

"Okay fine." Yoongi grunts. "I'll give you a second chance." He reaches out to grab Jimin's shoulders, he then spins them around so Jimins back collides with the side of the large leather chair. The pinkette feels the air get knocked out of him as he hadn't expected Yoongi to get physical.

"Here's your warning: I'm going to kiss you.

Now tell me to stop."