fourteen

"You really don't have to..."

"There's no way I'm letting him get out of this without any consequences!"

"Hyung..."

Jimins sat on the velvet couch in Seokjins living room whilst Seokjin stands above him with a phone in his hand. Hoseok and Taehyung are currently running around cleaning up the mess left by the party last night and Yoongi and Jungkook are washing all the dishes in the kitchen. Namjoon - the only person not hangover - is at the store buying painkillers for everyone as they had all waken up with horrible headaches from their collective drinking problem.

The phone rings. Once... Twice...

"Hello?"

Jimin can hear Hajoons familiar voice faintly from where Seokjin had pressed the phone against his ear. Seokjin then turns around to leave the room, not before looking at Jimin one last time and mouthing a "Go help them in the kitchen." And then he's gone, into the hallway.

Jimin sighs before standing up slowly, he walks over to the kitchen and opens the door to see Yoongi at the sink. White bubbles fill the sink and smear themselves across large pale hands which loosely grip a yellow sponge. He's washing the plates and bowls that were used last night, the harsh stream of hot water sears its way into the cloudy sink to meet its inevitable end down the drain. Jungkook is standing next to him with a green washcloth, wiping the dripping dishes one by one from the remnants of water that were gripping on for dear life, and placing them onto the surface to let the natural air take its course and dry them fully. They made quite the team, which was obvious in hindsight because they literally worked together; Jimin thought it anyway.

"Jimin-sshi!" Jungkook shouts playfully in that deep voice that always made Jimin roll his eyes. Upon hearing the pinkettes name, Yoongi looks up and their dark gazes meet. There's something electrical in the air and they all (Jungkook included) can feel it. The maknae coughs awkwardly and that snaps the two boys out of their trance.

"Uh... Jin-Hyung told me to help you guys..."

"Right..."

"...Yeah..."

...

"Why are you two so awkward!? Jimin-Hyung, just get over here already!"

-

"No, I don't want to press any charges..." Jimin sighs exhaustedly into the phone before collapsing onto his bed. "Are you sure?" Hajoon presses, obviously wanting her ex-friend to pay the price. Jimin just wanted to sleep. Getting caught up with all this legal shit was not gonna be good for his mental health. "Yes.. Can I go now?" "... Fine. But I'm gonna tell everyone about what happened and he's gonna have nobody by his side anymore!"

Jimin mutters a curt goodbye before hanging up the phone and rolling over to face palm his pillow. This was all so tiring and he just wanted to move on with his life. He never wanted to imagine Hangyeols intimidating face ever again, that of which was obviously scheming something, something bad. His blaring eyes an obvious red flag but Jimin was just too oblivious and drunk to see it. (Not to mention the fact that he had gotten his drink spiked as well.)

Jimin also never wanted to imagine that weird sparkly feeling he felt course through his entire body whenever he'd made eye contact with Yoongi last night. Something had changed and he didn't like it. They were rivals, enemies. They were meant to always be at each other's throats and Jimin is not ashamed to admit that he liked it that way. Yoongi had been seeming suspiciously tolerable recently, that or the amount of bullshit Jimins able to take had increased. Either way, something had changed and Jimin did not like it.

Sleep clings to his eyes, creating heavy bags which yearn for eyelids to shut. Jimin doesn't resist as he knew that tomorrow he had to open the shop again. He double-checks his alarm is set (because, anxiety) before placing his phone on the bedside table and pulling the soft white blankets over himself. Conscious slipping, the pinkette let's slumber engulf him whole.

-

One week had passed since the party and Jimin is happy to report that things had returned to the way they were. Yoongi mostly keeps his distance, as he usually does. However, anytime their paths do align it's all glares, eye rolls and scoffs. They hadn't uttered a single sentence to each other since the they were at Seokjins house and even though the strange tension was all but forgotten, the pinkettes a bit ashamed to admit that he wants to know the outcome of the tattoo. Had the client liked his idea? Had Yoongi even gone through with it?

The charming ring of the bell snaps Jimin out of his daze and he looks up to see his high school best friend standing awkwardly with his hands shoved in his pockets. He looks around with wide eyes and a small, nervous smile before staring pointedly at Jimin himself. "Hoseok Hyung! You came." The younger smiles. "Of course I did!" He smiles back, gaining some confidence and striding up to the counter.

Hoseok had promised Jimin that he'd stop by his store whenever he had any free time and they - plus Taehyung - would catch up. The pinkette had kind of lost hope when there was no sign of Hoseok for an entire week but here he was, grinning his signature heart-mouthed smile. "Uhm... Well I know this is in the middle of the work day for you but I only have about three hours off and then I have to go back to work." He looks both guilty and worried at the same time. "That's fine, today's a pretty slow day anyway and since I'm literally the owner of this business, I can take a break whenever I want."

Jimin turns to call for his blue-haired sidekick. "Tae! Come out here! "And not even two seconds later, out emerges a concerned-looking Taehyung from the door behind the counter, pen still in hand like he hadn't even had time to drop what he was doing. "Yeah...? Oh! Hobi-Hyung!" He looks over to Jimin with a questioning gaze. "Are we leaving now?" The shorter only nods. "Yep." He affirms. "So, where did you want to go to?" Hoseok answers immediately, without hesitation.

"Let's go to the park!"