twenty

"Surprised to see you here again so soon, petal."

Jimin looks out of place with his pastel pink hair and striped fluffy sweater and ripped light blue skinny jeans and general air of innocence. his facial expression is even remnant of a deer in headlights. it's oddly cute. Yoongi doesn't let himself explore that thought any further.

"Uhm.. yeah, I lost a bet with Tae, so..." his words trail off but their meaning is not lost on Yoongi. the elder could easily tell that Jimin is not the type to get a tattoo out of the blue with zero thought - he's always been sentimental and Yoongi could sense it even way back when, when they first met.

"You're here for a consultation. take a seat." he says it like a fact because it is. Jimin doesn't complain as they both walk over to the small table specifically designed for these sorts of things (although Yoongi would be lying if he said that he and Jungkook had not eaten last-minute take-out and played board games with the sign on the door flipped to closed and Namjoon blowing up their phones asking where they were on that table.)

Yoongi pulls out his sketchbook and notepad. The trusty black pen they had been using for God knows how long had just run out yesterday and the only other pen they had lying around was a bright pink gel pen that Jungkook had found at Seokjins house, it seemed as though somebody had left it there.

They discuss dates and details and Yoongi feels a small smile grow on his face when Jimin tells him what he wants to get. He remembers the forgotten memory of when his work was purely ballpoint and non-permanent. Something akin to accomplishment bubbles in his chest for no specific reason. He's just proud of himself. Of how far he's come.

"You just want the outline like back in high school?" Yoongi asks. "Oh, god, yes. I have a shit pain tolerance so I don't think I'll be able to handle anything too detailed." Jimin looks at Yoongis tattoos. He was wearing a long sleeve shirt but had rolled them up so the gallery on his arms were visible. The pinkette sees many things and, in retrospect, they seem as though they should clash - a wave of stylized ocean and the body of a snake wrapped all the way down definitely don't go together - but, surprisingly, it's all coherent and beautiful.

The black-haired man chuckles at the youngers words. "So you want it in the same place?" "Uh, Taehyung wanted it to go up to my neck a little bit so I can't easily hide it. He says it's for revenge or whatever." Yoongi makes eye contact with him, seemingly interested now. "Did you make him get Jungkooks initials?"

Jimin flushes pink "...Yeah... But he's the one who brought it up! I just made him stick to it." Yoongi cocks his head. "Why Jungkook?" "Isn't it obvious? Tae has had the fattest crush on him since day one! They're both just too oblivious to see it!" The elder nods. "I see... Let's start designing your tattoo, shall we?"

-

It was now the day Jimin was going to get tattooed, for real. To say he was scared was an understatement. Taehyung had decided to tag along (for 'moral support' he says but Jimins all too aware of the fact he's really here to see a mix of his pain and Jungkook - the bastard.) Yoongi had fitted him in at Twelve thirty, his third client. When they had entered the building, Jimin realized that they were the only customers in sight.

Yoongi's already set up for him and wordlessly gestures to the seat when he sees him. Jimin does as he's told obediently, too nervous to stir up a fight - especially since Yoongi will be holding a sharp object up to his neck pretty soon. Taehyung immediately drifts over to Jungkook and they get to talking. Jimin rolls his eyes at the obvious romantic tension that surrounds the two. But he's also kind of a hypocrite.

The elder plops down on his chair, although it looks expensive its old age is revealed by the way it squeaks when weight is applied. Yoongi looks at him with an unmaskable glimmer in his dark, siren eyes. Jimin feels his heart skip a beat, he just pins it to his anxiety.