23. A hospital room

I opened my eyes and immediately shut them due to the light. I opened them again and saw someone sleeping on the bed next to mine. It was my dad. I thought he was dead. "Daddy?" I asked. My voice was hoarse but he still woke up. "Dad." My voice cracked. He looked at me and saw I was awake. "Evangeline. She is awake." He woke up my mom who was asleep on a chair. She saw me and she started crying. "Baby never scare is that much again Okay?" she asked.
"What happened?" I asked. "Where am I?"
"Baby," my dad started. "You fell of a cliff and didn't came up till Paul pulled you out." He pointed to Paul on the floor. "You've in a coma ever since an he blamed it all on himself he said you were with him that day.
Memories came flooding in of that day. Paul and I were just running our Daily round through the woods when we saw a big black wolf. I ran the wrong way and fell into the sea. I couldn't come up because of the pain I felt in my body from the impact.
Everything with My 'mom' was fake. I'm not adopted and I was never with vampires. I'm me. Normal regular me.

A while later Paul woke up and looked shocked seeing me sitting up right. "Chris?" he whispered. "Chris." he jumped up and hugged me. "I'm so so sorry. I should've made sure you ran the right way. It's all my fault." The tears shone in his eyes.
"Paul nothing's your fault I learned a lot of useful things in my coma and one of them is something I should've told you sooner," my mom and dad silently left the room giving us privacy. "I like you Paul, a lot. and I don't know what you feel for me but my feelings are never going away." He brought his face closer and kissed me. Our real first kiss and it was in a hospital room. But, it couldn't have been any better. Suddenly the pack came walking in. So meeting the pack did happen only the blackouts didn't. But they still don't know I know about them being wolves. "So how is the patient doing?" Leah asked before carefully giving me a hug.
"Better than expected. How's the pack?" I asked casually dropping the bomb.
"Embry did you tell her?" Sam growled.
"I didn't." Was his answer. Than he spoke directly at me. "but since you know and aren't afraid. I imprinted on you. That means I won't ever hurt you and I won't ever fall in love with anyone but you." I pulled him in and kissed him ignoring the wolf whistles we were getting.
"Thanks guys for coming." Then a thought came up. "What day is it?"
"September 22nd, why?" Jared answered. Before I could say anything Lee and Paul squeezed me in between their hugs.
"Happy birthday princess." They said reminding me of my dream making me realize how happy I was it was indeed just a dream.

Weeks past. We were all on first beach, the pack and the imprints. "Chris are you playing with us?" Lee ask from her place on the beach. They were all playing soccer besides Quil who was with now 7 year old Clair and me. Even the other girls like Kim and Emily were playing.
"No thanks. I'll just sit here." she shrugged her shoulder and got back to playing.
Paul broke off of the group and got to sit next to me. "Come take a walk." he said before standing up. He took my hand and we walked till we got to the end. We stopped and he sank down on one knee.
"Christiana de la Mar, I promise to love you for once and for all and here on the place I thought I lost you, for the second time I want to seal that promise." He got a red velvet box out of his back pocket and opened it. Inside was a golden ring spiraled around little diamonds shaped like a flower. It was delicate and beautiful.
"I promise to love you, protect you, be with you till the time pulls us apart. I love you, do you want to marry me?" I stood shocked for a full seconds completely paralyzed. "If you don't want that it's okay." He began before I regained my voice.
"Yes Paul. of course I want to marry you. Yes." He put the ring around my finger and kissed me.
The rest of the day was blissful. Actually everyone knew besides me. I didn't care. Paul and I were getting married. The best thing I could ever imagine.