2. Why are you crying

I woke up the next morning not pleased about anything. Not my room, not my bed, not my treat stationed pillow. I didn't knew if I could ever be happy again. But I know what caused this mood. I don't want to be alone, but I'm going to be.

"Christy! Can you go to the store for me?" My mom yelled from the kitchen. It's 2 P.M. now and I didn't do anything but laying on my bed doing nothing. "No!" I yelled back. "Get your lazy ass out of bed and do the groceries for your mother!" I heard my father yell. "Fine!" I got out of bed and got dressed. I walked of the stairs grabbed the list and the money and walked out without saying bye. I stepped into my car, a beetle, and got to the store. I walked in picked the groceries and walked to the cash register, or I tried to. Three isles away I bumped into a girl. She hard long dark hair and she was absolutely stunning, I remembered her as the ex girlfriend of Sam Uley. "I-I-I'm sorry." I managed to stutter out. "Doesn't matter." She said and she looked up. "Hey, aren't you Paul Lahote's best friend? Where were you guys the past week? They are beginning to make gossip about you two." "I don't know where Paul has been. I haven't seen him since past week. We're not longer friends." I stumbled over almost every word. What happened to the hothead? Geez I sound like a shy five year old girl. "Why not? You seem nice. He doesn't but if you like him." She trailed of. "It's the same as with Sam isn't it. He gets mad, disappears and when he comes back he won't look at you. O I'm so sorry for you." I thought about what she just said and realised she was right. "Don't be sorry for the things you can't control." I said. "That was what Paul always said, Wasn't it?" I just nodded. "Well if you ever want to hang out, here's my number." She gave me a slip of paper gave me a hug amd walked of. Maybe I just found a friend.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

It's been three years since Paul and I decided not to be friends anymore. The good news is Leah and her friends adopted me into their little group and I became less of a hothead. The bad news is I haven't seen Leah in more than a year. I'm getting nervous about it. Her dad died a year ago and I saw her at his furneral. But she left short after and I didn't see her again. That was the last time I saw her. She's doing the same as Paul. The only thing different is that she sends me texts every month or so. In them are how she is doing that she can't come and see me and asking how I'm doing.

I left the house early this morning. I needed to get groceries, clean the house and I was going to check on Leah. Making site she didn't die while she couldn't answer the phone. Should I be worried? I should be worried right? That's a totally normal reaction, or not?

I reached her door and rant the bell. Sue opened. "O hi Christy. What are you doing here?" "I was just checking up on Leah. I haven't seen her in a while and I'm worried." I said. "I'm sorry Christy but Leah isn't home at the moment. I'll tell her you stopped by." "O okay. Well see you next time, bye." I turned around and walked away.

I started running a few blocks away. I don't remember where I went. I just know even though I grew up in La Push that I was lost. I sat down against a tree next to the road and stayed crying. I'm done being the tuff one. I wanna be the old me. The hothead. But the only way to reach that is true Paul and we're not on speaking terms. I was still crying when I heard someone crouch down beside me. I looked up through the years and saw the one beautiful face of Emily. I only low het from pictures Leah once showed me. Stop I don't think Emily knows who I am. "Hello I'm Emily." She said. "I'm Christy." I choked out between sobs. "Why are you crying?" She asked. "I think I just lost my best friend." I sobbed. "Do you want to come with me and easy cookies while drinking tea?" She said whole standing up. She reached out het hand and I grabbed or before being pulled up. "If it isn't too much trouble." "Of course not. I baked enough for a whole orphanage." I laughed through the tears.

We reached her house and I walked in. It wasn't a big house but it was cozy. The smell of fresh baked cookies hung in the air and everywhere were flowers. "You have a beautiful home Emily." I said looking around. "Thank you Christy." She led me too the kitchen and let me take a seat at the table. She had be me a pink cup with ya and put I think hundreds of cookies on the table. "So Christy what's your story? What caused you to cru at the edge of the road?" And I told her everything. From the beginning starting with Paul and ending with today. "That's quite a heavy story. Are you sure you are alright?" Em asked after I was done. "Yes I think I'm sure." Bit I shouldn't have said is that. Because at that exact moment my world came crashing down harder than ever.