e i g h t : [ misfire ]

"And to think I ever loved you

"And to think I ever loved you. How can I or anybody ever fucking love a sadistic, psychotic narcissist like you?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

2 gunshots in a matter of a minute. The hostages all cried and screamed in terror. Dubai grew worried as she couldn't find Denver anywhere. She squinted as she spotted Berlin making his way up the stairs. She clenched her jaw as she had a bad feeling about this whole thing.

Dubai waited until Berlin had reached the top of the stairs before turning to Nairobi.

"Do you know what the hell that was?" Nairobi asked, freaking out.

"No clue, but stay right here and I'm going to find out," Dubai told her calmly.

Nairobi nodded. Dubai made her way upstairs, making sure Berlin was in her sight but not too close for him to catch her. She noticed he stopped over the bathroom and entered.

"It's not easy when she falls on her knees and begs you not to kill her," Dubai heard a familiar voice.

Dubai stood in front of the bathroom. Her eyes fell onto the body on the ground, pooled in blood. She felt her heart dropped as she noticed the familiar head of blonde curls, realizing who it was.

"Denver, what did you do?" Dubai asked in disbelief.

Denver and Berlin's attention turned towards Dubai. Denver's bright eyes were welled up in tears.

"This fucking bastard made me kill her. He didn't want his hands dirty, so he stained mine," Denver spoke sharply as he let go of Berlin's collar.

"If you ever put your hands on me again, you're dead," Berlin threatened Denver.

"Dubai, I had no choice. She had a cellphone on her and was hiding money in her clothes," Berlin explained.

Dubai clenched her fist, her blood was boiling. Berlin had broken one of the Professor's sacred rule ; do not kill the hostages.

"There is a boiler with charcoal in the basement. Throw her in there and after that, clean up this mess," Berlin instructed to Denver, coldly.

He walked past by Dubai and walked out of the room. This wasn't the Andrés that Dubai knew. This isn't the man she fell in love. He was different and he was emotionless. First Rio and now Denver.