t h i r t y - n i n e : [ interrogation ]

"I mean, who can really blame Berlin from wanting to be as far away as possible from you? The person who seems to be cursed with getting her family, friends, and loved ones killed

"I mean, who can really blame Berlin from wanting to be as far away as possible from you? The person who seems to be cursed with getting her family, friends, and loved ones killed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You son of a bitch, I'm going to fucking kill you," Dubai answered the phone with Vincenzo on the other line.

She put the call on speaker so that Palermo was also able to hear the conversation. 

"Oh how I've missed your silly little threats, Carina. But I really thought that you had some better in store," chuckled Vincenzo.

"Drop the shit, Vincenzo. What the fuck do you want?" Palermo questioned sternly.

"Oh I see you got the gay one out there with you. Tell me Martín, how long do you think until Carina and Andrés ditch you again? I estimate around a couple of hours before Carina walks out of that heist," taunted Vincenzo.

This one hit Palermo a little harder than he thought. Even though he had forgiven both Dubai and Berlin from practically abandoning him for the past half a decade, it didn't mean that it wasn't painful anymore.

Dubai noticed the look on Palermo's face and instantly felt bad. She placed a hand on Palermo's shoulder and Palermo simply gave her a nod, indicating he was fine.

"We're not here to fuck around," Dubai said sternly.

"Good because neither am I. I've got to say your little stunt of a heist couldn't have arrived at a better timing. I'm dying and my last desire in life is to finish what I started, which is to kill you in every way possible."

"Well it sounds like you're going to die as a very unsatisfied man because there's no way in hell I'm letting you do that," Dubai said sternly.

"Oh really? Tell me my dear Carina, would you die for your precious children? Mini Dubai and mini Berlin? Because I will and I can do it, any moment now since they're actually here with me," threatened Vincenzo

Dubai clenched her jaw. She didn't know whether he was telling the truth or not. She had no idea if this was a trick and if Vincenzo is teaming up with the authorities to screw with her.

"You're lying," claimed Dubai, hoping her accusation was accurate.

"Mini Berlin has a small birth mark on his right ankle, identical to yours when you were his age. Mini Dubai is wearing your mother's locket, inside is a picture of your dashing family, and picture of you and Andrés," Vincenzo explained accurately.