t w e l v e : [ 5th wedding ]

"If she finds out that I'm dying, she will drop everything that she's ever wanted in life just to be there for me

"If she finds out that I'm dying, she will drop everything that she's ever wanted in life just to be there for me. And I can't do that to her. She deserves to be happy, even if it means it's not with me."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

[Flashback; 2 years ago]

Carina stared at herself in the mirror. It was no secret to everybody that Carina was beautiful but she personally didn't feel it. She was attending the love of her life's wedding who also happens to also be her baby daddy and her other half.

This wasn't a new thing for Carina, considering that this is the 3 out of 5 weddings of Andrés that she's attending. But this one felt different. This time she knew that she was in love with him. And there is nothing she can do or say for things to change. But this time she knew she had to leave.

"I thought you were taking a break from committing crimes."

Carina turned around and spotted Martín Berrote standing by the doorway. She furrowed her brows, confused what he meant by that.

"Wait? Am I on the news again? Cause I swear I haven't done shit this time," said Carina, her eyes widening a little.

Martín shook his head as a small smile played on his lips. "No, you idiot. I just meant that it should be a crime to look better than the bride at her own wedding."

Carina couldn't help but blush. She tried hiding it with a smile as she walked up to Martín. Despite Martín being gay, he always had the tendency of bantering and flirting with Carina.

"Is the Martín Berrote flirting with me?" teased Carina.

"I had a couple of drinks in advance. Figured I needed it, to survive another one of Andres' weddings. Not to mention, it wouldn't be the first time," Martín smiled sheepishly.

Carina chuckled, nodding in understandment. "It's like one of those things that happens every 4 years. We'll just get super hammered during the reception and forget about the whole thing, like all his other weddings."

"As long as I have you by my side," chuckled Martín.

"Sei bellissima (you look beautiful)," Martín complimented Carina.