t w e n t y - t w o : [ reminisce ]

"You are and always have been my muse

"You are and always have been my muse."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Third call with no answer. That's 18 hours since we last heard from the Professor. We know what that means," said Moscow as he hung up the phone.

Dubai frowned as she observed that everyone in the room, except her and Berlin, had a panicked expression on their faces. Dubai's gaze fell onto Tokyo who has started to pace back and forth. She understands everyone's concern that something has happened to the Professor, preventing him from communicating with them. But Dubai still has faith in the Professor and believes that he has everything under control.

"We don't know anything about the police either. I'm sure something is going on outside. What do we do?" asked Moscow.

"Well, we still have one call left before we complete the cycle at 12 a.m," Berlin said calmly as he stood up from his seat.

"What cycle? The fucking death trap cycle?" snapped Denver.

"Denver, calm down. The Professor is probably out taking care of some loose ends. There's no reason for any of us to start freaking out for something that hasn't happened yet, it'll only make the situation worse," Dubai pointed out.

"For now, we'll keep watching the hostages and printing money as usual. I'm going to rest up," Berlin said casually.

He grabbed a bottle of wine, along with 2 wine glasses. He gave Dubai a little look, sending her a secret signal for her to meet him at his office.

"Are you kidding?" Tokyo asked in disbelief causing Berlin to stop in his tracks to look at her.

"We're in deep shit and you're going to fuck?"

Dubai kept quiet as she didn't want her and Berlin's new secret relationship get exposed by defending him.

"Tokyo, please. There's no need to be vulgar. First of all, it doesn't suit you. Second, if I had to choose one of you ladies, hedonistically speaking, it would be Dubai."

Dubai frowned at Berlin.

"Whatever happened to carpe diem?" asked Berlin.

"What happened is the plan fell to fucking pieces. And maybe you don't care because you're dying, but I do," Tokyo said bitterly.

Dubai clenched her jaw as for a second she had forgotten about that. Dubai noticed the subtle look of pain in Berlin's eyes.