t w e n t y - s i x : [ cure ]

"Death can be the greatest opportunity of your life, Carina

"Death can be the greatest opportunity of your life, Carina."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Berlin, Dubai, the Professor wants to speak to both of you," Nairobi called out.

The couple made their way to the phone. Nairobi left the room leaving them alone to talk to the Professor.

"Deputy Inspector Rubio is waking from his coma," the Professor informed them.

Dubai scoffed as she shook her head, knowing all too well that this was fake.

"What are the odds of that being true?" asked Berlin

"I don't know," the Professor answered anxiously.

"It's all bullshit. They're just trying to scare you and lure you in. Why would they waste their element of surprise when it'd be the only lead they have on your location?" pointed out Dubai.

After finding out the desperate measure of what the authorities were willing to do, Dubai was 99.9% sure about this.

"What if it's true? He's the only person who knows who I am, the only loose end," said the Professor.

"There's a 99% chance it's a trap," said Berlin.

"But are we going to leave 1% to chance?" the Professor asked thoughtfully.

"As much as I hate it but you have to go in there to make sure. You have to finish him off if he is recovered, Sergio," sighed Dubai.

"Enter a hospital. In which, surely, there'll be 50 police officers waiting for me?"

"Sergio, think, damn it. You spent half your childhood in a hospital. How do you walk into a trap and not get caught, knowing that the chivalry is waiting for you?" questioned Berlin.

Then it hit the Professor. He knew exactly what to do. He then explained his plan to the couple to which they found brilliant. Just as they were going to hang up the call, the Professor interrupted.

"Carina, I have an update on your Swiss neurologist. Both good and bad," started the Professor.

This immediately caught Dubai's attention. "Just rip it off like bandaid, Sergio."

"Good news is that she's less than 2% away from completing the cure to Helmer's myopathy, meaning it'll only take her around 1-5 months. But she saw how you were part of the heist and wants another hospital before she can complete it," explained Sergio.