209

Staring at Little Shitou’s face which was full of innocence, Shuluo reacted like he had discovered something treasure, and he rubbed his hands, uttering excitedly, “Oh, is this your son? I never thought that you would have a child yourself! Let me, let me take care of him if you don’t mind, You know what, I LOVE children…”

However, as soon as he reached out to touch Little Shitou, Little Shitou turned his head and buried his face deep into Song Qinghan’s chest abruptly as if he was startled all of a sudden, while sobbing as if to show his reluctance.

It could be seen that Shuluo’s expression suddenly froze without signs, and then he withdrew his hand back in embarrassment. Scratching himself on the head, he mumbled, “Pro, probably I got some smell from that bloody scene, it will be fine few days later…”

Song Qinghan chuckled and caressed Little Shitou on the head, and then nodded to Shuluo, motioning him to look into the direction where his sight guided to, saying in a low voice, “I live over there, you can go find me if you are free. And once I am free, I would love to follow you into the camp groups and see how many I can help.”

Even though his main intention in this trip was to make sure that Wu Dahu would be secured and make it a confirmation, that did not mean that he would turn his eye blind ignoring how the soldiers suffered in endless struggle and despair.

Shuluo had perceived the sympathy in Song QInghan’s eyes, he pursed his lips a little bit and chose not to be frivolous anymore. Instead of speaking in unserious tone, he nodded as a response while saying, “Fine, sorry but I have to leave for now, otherwise those petty men will lecture me again…”

“Alright.” Song Qinghan answered, nodding, and then walked towards his own camp carrying Little Shitou in his arms.

But he took a sudden pause at the gate of the camp as if something occurred to him suddenly. Without further consideration, he turned again and headed to the tent where the general he met this morning stayed.

Not knowing which time period the general would be in the tent, he had to make a confirmation in advance before he decided to ask the man for assistance.

He reached the tent not long because of the short distance between his camp and the tent. But out of his surprise, when he approached to the tent he found several soldiers were currently detaching the tent that general lived.

Song Qinghan was utterly stunned, and then he shouted without hesitation, “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!?”

The group of soldiers were frightened by the sudden sound, so their actions came to a halt at the same time, and then they raised their heads to look at Song Qinghan.

Nothing but wrath overwhelmed them when they eventually found that Song Qinghan was just an on-duty lowly logistic team member. Yet it seemed that they didn’t even bother themselves to waste time arguing with Song Qinghan, but continued to work detaching the tent.

As they finally commenced packing up the tools after they accomplished the task, Song Qinghan walked directly in front of them, frowning and saying, “The general asked me to find him this afternoon and he has an important thing to get me informed. Where do you think he will live since you detach his tent?”

And after that, Little Shitou peeped out his head in Song Qinghan’s arms, staring at those men with his watery big eyes, as if to question them why they chose not to answer his femina father’s inquiry.

No one knew whether it was out of Song QInghan’s tough attitude or because Little Shitou’s adorable appearance. The soldiers, who were still busy packing stuffs, all raised their heads, and one of them came to answer, “The general you are waiting for is currently injured, a serious one. And he was sent to be taken care by the Imperial Doctors. He won’t come back anymore, I guess.”