241

The childish words of Little Shitou made Song Qinghan quite sad, with his eyes filled with nothing but sorrow.

Susan seemed to have recall something in his mind, and then he came to utter hesitantly, “You’ve once said that your husband is here too, what happened to him?”

Song Qinghan held the scalpel in his hand even tighter, and he responded, “He was assigned to lead the troop in the frontline, and I just heard that all the members enrolled in that battle had been murdered by the enemies.”

Susan opened his mouth in shock, buzzing his lips as if he wanted to say something. But words failed him to say anything in the end.

Or rather, it wasn’t that he couldn’t say anything, it was that he didn’t want to say anything, because he knew that the power of words was too small, so small that they would be nothing but a tool fanning the sentiment of extreme sorrow.

And of course, he knew everything about the troop in the frontline. Well, it was quite obvious enough to prove something since the horses enrolled in the combat did not come back at all.

Song Qinghan seemed to have seen through his thoughts and he added while still remaining the calmness on his face, “You don’t have to comfort me. I’m here to bid you farewell. And by the way, if you are able to do me a favor, I will be much appreciated.”

Susan was utterly flabbergasted and he subconsciously turned his head to take a glance at the spacious stable, and then turned to Song Qinghan again with concern in his eyes as if he had come to know what Song Qinghan was about to say, “Are, are you going to find him?”, he asked in a trembling tone.

What he could in fact do Song Qinghan a favor was no more than taking good care of Little Shitou in this stable.

But currently Little Shitou was right there with him, so Song Qinghan naturally wouldn’t ask for that for like a second time. The only possibility left should be…

Song Qinghan intended to borrow the horse from him!

Sure enough, Song Qinghan had detected the micro-expression on Susan’s face, he then quickly glanced around meticulously, and then came to whisper, “I need a horse which can run the fastest. You can confess to the responsible leader that I just rob it from you, just don’t get yourself involved in this matter. Anyway, it still remains an unpredictable thing whether I am able to come back or not, so you can just relinquish the responsibility to me.”

Susan sank into a short hesitation, and then he responded tentatively, “But you even know nothing about martial arts, aren’t you sacrificing yourself going alone to the frontline…?”

Even though he did not mention something about ‘death’, Song Qinghan could still completely figure out what Susan meant. He squinted his eyes slightly looking into the distance from a high place while saying slowly, “I don’t mind that at all, I want to see him no matter he is still alive or dead. I don’t believe that Wu… my husband would die so easily, so I should and must visit there by myself. If I am not guessing it in the wrong thought, now the fire must be ceased temporarily in the frontline, and no one will be left there fighting currently except the ones who is responsible to clear the corpses. No one is going to show up there at all, so I am sure I will be fine.”

Song Qinghan’s words were so articulate and logical that Susan could not find a reason to refute him. In this case, Susan had to respond, “What about Little Shitou? Are you taking him with you?”

Well, this happened to be what Song Qinghan was most worried about. After all, his life could be decided by himself all by his own will, and life was too short for him without any leeway to be regretful and mournful. But what about Little Shitou?