242

Song Qinghan carried Little Shitou on one hand while gripping the scalpel on the other, as if he was ready to respond to defend the next moment.

Seeing that those people did not come over as he thought they would, Song Qinghan thought about it and finally landed from the horse, bending down to identify them while watching out for the state of affairs.

When he saw the corpses on the ground wearing the character “冲” (The troop member), Song Qinghan’s heart tightened and his body swayed trembling, almost falling headlong to the ground.

It turned out that what those chirping men said was true, there was a large amount of soldiers enrolled in the troop died here…

BUT… WHERE IS Wu Dahu?

The corpses on the battlefield were naturally not arranged together in a nice way, some bodies had their heads on this side and their bodies might be on the other side. In that case, only those who were the soldiers’s relatives could be able to recognize them by the partial body parts.

Seeing that the corpses were stacked on top of each other, Song Qinghan found himself fail to make a closer observation on those deceased who were buried by the upper bodies. So he just reached out to push the upper bodies.

In fact, he didn’t know whether his current mood was one of disappointment or expectation, as if he wanted to see Wu Dahu quickly, but didn’t want to see him here.

He remembered a scene in a drama he used to watch where the protagonist deliberately played dead and hid under a pile of corpses, only to open his eyes and burrow out after everyone had left.

How good it would be if Wu Dahu could do the same.

But he knew that Wu Dahu was not this kind of character. Besides, the battlefield was so chaotic, even if he did play dead under the pile of corpses, it was hard to say that he would die under the trampling of the horses’ hooves when the retreating soldiers were in disarray.

After a short while of searching, Song Qinghan could feel a whiff of dull pain in his belly. So he hurried to straighten up his back, supported himself leaning against the back of the horse and trying to take a brief break.

Although three-month pregnancy had brought the peace to the baby in his belly, that didn’t mean that he was allowed to make any violent movements by his will.

The trip here riding horse was dangerous enough, and having just bent over so frequently for a while, it was no wonder his body couldn’t take it.

He glanced back in the direction of the barbarians and, for some reason, felt an urge to strike up a conversation and took the initiative to speak, “Do you know that all the involved soldiers in the charge battalion of our side are dead?”

Those barbarians raised their heads and, one of them took a quick glance at him, while answering impatiently, “Yeah, most of them should have been decayed. Well, we did captured one or two and got them in our camp. They will die soon anyway.”

Song Qinghan’s mind was stirred with mud and he came to ask urgently, “Do you know who was left? Is that someone called Wu Dahu? I mean, I mean the leader of the troop?”

Since these people were reduced to cleaning up corpses, it meant that their status on the barbarian side was not high, so it was good enough for them to know a little about these confidential matters. Noticing that Song Qinghan was kind of stubborn bothering with endless questions, the man answered in an extreme impatience, “If you really want to know that, go check yourself. You will be safe anyway because we never kill femina men.”

Not killing was one thing, but how they would treat femina men should be considered in another way of thinking.

A hesitant expression appeared on Song Qinghan’s face as he thought of those barbarian captives in the Qingmu army camp.