232

What the heck was going on? How come the smell of this pack of ointment was quite similar to the one at their home?

Could it be that …… No, that would be impossible! It was of zero possibility for Song Qinghan to come here alone. After all, Little Shitou was still at home needed to be taken care of.

But how could he explain the ointment and the paper ball? He still remembered the words ‘Be careful not to leave scars on’, something Song Qinghan had said to him a long time ago. And that time they still got a myriad of misunderstandings in between, he remembered every single word Song Qinghan once talked to him.

Caught in deep thought, Wu Dahu slowly pressed his hands together, holding the ointment tightly in his palms.

When he was on the battlefield earlier, no one knew why he had suddenly burst out with such strong vigour and led his subordinates to blaze a bloody trail. No one but himself knew that he must survive, go back home to reunite with Song Qinghan and Little Shitou.

He enjoyed the feeling of fighting in blood, but was more attached to the warmth of home.

No matter what was going to happen, he would never allow himself to end his life here, even if it was painful and tiring, he was not afraid at all.

With his thoughts at an end, he placed the ointment gently on his pillow and, after some thought, folded all three sheets of rice papers and put them away under his protective mirror.

In this way, whenever he picked up the protective mirror, the pictures of Song Qinghan and Little Shitou would emerge right in his mind.

Although he didn’t know whether the rice paper stuff was just a coincidence or something else, his intuition informed him that this matter must be related to Song Qinghan, more or less.

Song Qinghan himself could not follow him to this place, but he could ask someone to make it real, or instruct some of the soldiers or logistic members to help do something. Well, this should be more reasonable for Wu Dahu to make it a sense without the presence of Song Qinghan.

Back in his tent, Song Qinghan had not idea at all about the fact that he almost expose himself by throwing the paper ball with the ointment. After all, he thought Jiayi would be a shield for covering him up anyway, he was quite confident he hadn’t made any mistake, not even a tiny one. And even if the matter was going to be under scrutiny, Jiayi should be the first to bear the brunt and there would be nothing to do with him.

Unless Wu Dahu suddenly lost his mind and came looking for Jiayi, there was no chance that he would be exposed.

After thinking of all the possible scenarios, Song Qinghan hugged Little Shitou and drifted off to sleep.

Probably because the war had deterred the barbarians, they did not attack again for several days, which expanded the time limit for the people in Qingmu Region to catch their breath.

Ever since Song Qinghan knew he himself was pregnant again, he seemed to be more mentally calm in mind. He was still being responsible on his duty, heading to clean up the chamber pot and then offer treatments to the injured soldiers. During his duty, he finally succeeded processing the surgery on the Commander General’s knee.

Although it was not as bad as amputation, some of the nerves had been necrotic because the arrows had been left in there for too long, and unless rehabilitation would be smoothly processed, the leg would be considered paralyzed.

The Commander General still remained his heroic calmness, and seemingly did not have any dissatisfaction or regret at all. At that time, Song Qinghan just thought that the Commander General had a strong mind and will, but after a further consideration on it, he found that it was nothing about ‘Strong mind and will’. It turned out that the Commander General was used to seeing life and death and he was already mentally prepared to die at any time accepting his death in peace. So although he was semi-blind currently with a broken leg, there was nothing to be sad about because his life was still blessed to be expanded.