231

Even though Song Qinghan said so, Jiayi still looked rather uneasy on face. And it was not until he noticed that Song Qinghan turned his direction to the other side did he finally sigh in relief, readjusted his expression and then walked towards Wu Dahu’s tent with a smile.

But what he did not know was that even though Song Qinghan was heading in the other direction, he turned around midway and then secretly followed Jiayi in behind. And after Jiayi finally got into the tent of Wu Dahu, he silently went around to the other side of the tent to eavesdrop the movement inside.

Well, that was indeed a funny scene right now, he was so much curious about how Wu Dahu would react if he finally found the existence of him.

Inside the tent, after catching a glimpse of Jiayi’s heavily made-up face, Wu Dahu subconsciously frowned and said with a cold face, “What now?”

Jiayi perceived the impatience in Wu Dahu’s tone, but he was not affected at all. Instead of retreating, he made a slight bow paying salute while saying gently, “I’m here to congratulate Lord Wu, thanks to you, and we finally won a round against the enemies ……”

“Oh? Then what did those casualties outside go for?”

Unexpectedly, Wu Dahu changed his usual good temper, with his eyelids slightly drooping and a touch of anger implied in the tone of his voice.

Jiayi paused and hurriedly attempted to explain, “Sorry Lord Wu, but what I mean is that you should take the first credit for this event, and of course the other soldiers and commanders should be rewarded. Thanks to all of you, we are able to stay here with peace…”

He said so as his voice grew smaller and smaller. Probably it was nothing but just a bad excuse to make a further explanation, and at the same time he could feel that the sight of Wu Dahu fixing on him was growing colder with indifference.

Wu Dahu wanted to vent his anger as he found that Jiayi was trying to waste time making excuse, but the next moment when he catch a glimpse of the rice paper on the table, his mind came to be at ease suddenly. He paused and then answered in a deep voice, “We can’t make it a success if we fight against the enemies without the constant commands delivered by the Commander General. Besides, all our soldiers and other commanders united together to form a powerful troops. Without all of them, I am nothing. Do you understand now?”

Jia Yi felt a little aggrieved because he thought that there was no one else here, it would be totally fine if Wu Dahu tried to be a bit conceited. After all, everybody out there was praising the great achievement of Wu Dahu which should mean that he must have attributed a lot in this fight, it was not a shame to admit such a glory.

After thinking about it, he could only attribute Wu Dahu’s words to the fact that he didn’t trust him enough, and probably Wu Dahu was afraid that if he became a little complacent, Jiayi would be a chirping bird and spread the news to the other while bringing series of troubles to him.

So he pursed his lips, pushed all his sentiments down in the heart and responded in an understanding manner, “I understand, thank you for your teaching, if there is any future task for me, Lord Wu, I will definitely bow and die only to accomplish it for you, I really wish that I can do something valuable to you…”

Wu Dahu’s expression was a bit odd, looking at Jiayi as if he were a fool, as if he didn’t understand his motives for saying these words.

What was the point of him asking a logistics femina man to bow and die for? And that was a femina man who aren’t able to carry things on shoulder and hold heavy stuff in hand, he was just a femina man who was on his duty to clean the chamber pot. And every time when he lifted the chamber pot inside the tent, Wu Dahu always worried that this guy probably would splash the liquid out of the pot.