227

Susan did not make a sound after hearing Song Qing Han’s words, because he definitely knew that what Song Qinghan said was right, if this place was lost to the enemies, even if they could retreat, they would not be able to retreat for long, the state capital might be solid as gold and invincible, but what could they do with that?

Seeing Susan was froze standing there, Song Qinghan patted him on the shoulder and then looked down at his right leg, nodding and uttering gently, “It’s almost there, that’s a good sign, isn’t it?”

After saying this, Song Qinghan turned around and left without waiting for Susan’s reaction, he still got a lot of things to finish, if he could cure the patients in the military medical area, wouldn’t that mean that another part of the manpower could be released?

Although these people could not go to war, but there was always something they can do, after all, their experience was rich and at the same time they should get a different point of views on seeing this war now since they were once on the verge of death.

Song Qinghan thought while nodding to Shuluo who showed up abruptly at the roadside. Seeing that Shuluo was putting on a face of anxiety, he frowned and said, “What’s wrong?”

Shuluo was panting there, glancing around, and then answered anxiously, “The Commander General, he, he got injured.”

Song Qinghan got tense suddenly. He knew that thing wouldn’t be just small as he saw that Shuluo was quite uneasy, so he responded in a deep voice, “Is that serious one? Which part did he hurt?”

Shuluo gestured for a moment and found that he could not explain it clearly by doing so, so he grabbed Song Qinghan’s hand directly and walked inside, saying intermittently while walking, “The arrow pierced through here, here and here, there is no way for him to lie down, he needs several subordinates to support him so as to get a rest. It’s… it’s really scary!”

But in fact, the picture of that scene wouldn’t be the most miserable one. Probably it was because of the nobility and high position of the Commander General as well as his extremely calm expression, Shuluo was impressed deeply by witnessing that.

Song Qing Han frowned and when he saw the places that Shuluo was pointing at, a sense of discomfort arose in his heart and he subconsciously said, “Have you dealt with it yet? He did not move violently, right?”

Shuluo hurriedly shook his head, and then came to explain, “If it were the case we encounter in the past, maybe we have already been processing it. But now we all know that you’ve got the more skillful methods, so none of us dares to take any action but only help stop the bleeding situation. As for the rest of the operation, we are waiting for you…”

His voice faded away at the end, as if he had sensed the irresponsibility of this behavior of theirs, after all, Song Qinghan was not the member within their team, and what they did right now was just shirking their responsibilities and kicking the ball which was kind of serious to Song Qinghan. That was kind of rude and ruthless!

However, Song Qinghan did not come to complain at all, he just nodded and answered, “Alright, come with me and be my assistance. Since the Commander General got so many wounds on his body, I am afraid I can’t do it all by myself.”

Shuluo hastily nodded in response. Well, right at this crucial moment, he wouldn’t even complain if he was assigned to help clean chamber pot, let alone to simply be an assistance to Song Qinghan.

The two came to an ordinary tent, and Shuluo unveiled the curtain of the tent after paying salute. Receiving several lights of sight on them, he suddenly got tense while feeling a burst of chills at the back.

Song Qinghan didn’t waste his time, and then opened his tool pack directly and started to disinfect all his tools.

A few people who looked like the Commander General’s guards tightly furrowed their brows when they saw Song Qinghan’s movements. Their blood-stained hands were placed on the sword at their waists and one of them suddenly came to ask in a deep voice, “Who is he? What does he want to do on the Commander General? Why does he take the personal knife in?”

Big beads of sweat had already emerged from the head of the military doctor group, but he still tried his best to explain, “He is a qualified doctor from Huichun Shop. He has got a profounder treating skills than all of us even though he is not the member within our team. We can prove that for sure, and all those lords know it as well. Speaking of the knives he brought, well, that’s his tools, and you will see later…”

Those guards exchanged glances, probably they also knew the level of these people’s medical skills. After putting down their hands, the one among them who spoke just then coldly snorted, “Even a random person is better than you, aren’t you guys ashamed?”

Although he was lectured, the head of the doctor group did not show any expression of unhappiness, instead, he kept nodding and said, “Yes, yes, we will definitely try to improve our medical skills, the most important thing right now we are all confronting is that we have to save the Commander General, please calm down, lords, let Doctor Song be in a quieter environment.”

Song Qing Han did not notice their conversation at all, because his nerves were tense now and he could not divide any extra mind at all.

The Commander General’s wounds were much more serious than he imagined, one arrow pierced through one of his eyes, one through his chest and the other through the knee of his left leg. Although there was no bleeding for the time being, it did not change the fact that the situation was critical.

The promising side was that even though the Commander General got such a serious injury, he still looked rather calm on the look without being crazy or suffering in an agony.

The even more surprising thing was that when Song Qinghan was sizing him up analyzing the wounds, the Commander General suddenly uttered, “As fast as possible, just leave me a breath, I need to hurry back to the battlefield!”

He did not intentionally speak with a commanding tone, but his natural superiority aura still made the words take on a touch of compulsion.

However, Song Qinghan did not care and responded directly, “I’m afraid that’s impossible, even if I take out all your arrows immediately, you can’t move your body temporarily, otherwise the wound will collapse and blood will flow from your eye sockets and even bring out your brains.”

A dreadful silence fell on the tent all of a sudden when Song Qinghan warned so, as if everyone in the tent was still trying their best to comprehend the words of Song Qinghan.

The Commander General pursed his lips and frowned, “Zhangwei, Lide, go and check out the current battle situation and report to me, move your ass NOW!”

Song Qing Han turned his head and took a glance at the two who had received orders, thinking that this Commander General indeed wasn’t that kind of numb-headed, which was much more convenient for him to make things smoother, he liked people who did not subscribe to rigid reasoning, otherwise probably unpleasant and unexpected things would happen later.

After getting everything ready, Song Qinghan said to Shu Lu, “You take the scissors, and try your best not to vibrate and cut off the two sides of the arrows.”

After that, he raised his chin to the head of the doctor group, and said in a deep voice, “Come here and fix his head, making sure that the General will not move violently out of pain, do you understand?”

The head of the doctor group panicked all of a sudden, his pupils shook violently and pointed at himself, “Me? But, how, how can I do? Is it really feasible?”

Before Song QInghan reacted, the Commander General made the sudden order, “Yes you can, just get over here!”

Although the Commander General’s words were kind of mandatory, but somehow it gave the others a sense of security, the head of the doctor group’s eyes flashed a flash of hesitation, but then this hesitation turned into firmness, striding over, he then placed the Commander General’s head gently in his chest.