He Left!

((Hey, I know it'll been a while since I've posted here. I finally got a new laptop so hopefully, I'll post more Hamilton fanfic. Also, the dialogue is part of a script from the show from Shameless. Don't watch it unless you're 18 years or older)) 

"Don't you fucking there ever come here!!!" James shouted

The older brother of the Hamilton's family began pushing his father out of his own house. Luckily, his wife Peggy and their children went out for dinner. While Alexander is trying to stop the fights between his older brother and dad. This situation is supposed to be a casual dinner and possibly reconciliation between father and sons. Nope, that didn't happen at all with dinner. Apparently James Hamilton Sr has the audacity to ask his eldest son to see if he can adopt one of his children. Instead of having the chance to rekindle this familial relationship with James and Alexander. He wants to have another shot at fatherhood in order to better his own egos. Forgetting he has abandoned his own sons decades ago. Raising his own grandchild in order to be a better father to a random child? Who does this man think he is?

This just snapped James and began ordering his own father out of the house. While his younger brother is trying to plead to stop this. Though, he just can't. He was so angry over the audacity that his own father just wanted a redo of fatherhood? What kind of parents do that? No parents could just pop back into their own adult child life and expect them to give up their kids? Just so they can have another shot at parenthood. That is just a delusion in one way or another.

After kicking their father out, James just went out to the backyard and began lighting up a cigarette. He stopped smoking almost 15 years ago after starting to date Peggy. Now after this incident, he needs something to calm him down before punching a hole in the wall. It just angered him so much. He doesn't want to see him ever again. He went years without a father and he can do it again. Meanwhile, his younger brother is a bit upset about the outcome of this dinner. Just like always his expectations of his father just shatter into pieces over and over. Yet he still wants to give his father the benefit of a doubt.

Heading over toward his side Alexander notices that James is still angry about what just happened right now. Still, he should let him know that he was being too harsh with their father. Sure, he did some bad things to me but in the end, he was still their father in the end.

"James, don't you think you were too harsh on Dad?" Alex asks

"No, I wasn't too harsh on him. He needed to hear the truth. He wasn't a good father nor a good husband toward our mom" James reply

"What? No, no that isn't true."

James grows annoyed with his little brother defending their sperm donor. After everything, he put them through, especially their mother. Though when it comes to their father, Alexander always gave him the benefit of a doubt. Since as the youngest siblings and child they still want their family together. Despite the ugly outcomes within the family drama. No matter what his little brother would always try writing letters to him keeping contact even if he doesn't respond. Even staying up late at night waiting for James Sr to come back home alive. He just wants his family back the way they used to be. James understood that but decided to give Alex the cold hard truth.

"What's that supposed to mean?" James asks

"He was a good father and a good husband. He did love us!!" Alexander exclaims

Scoffing lightly while taking one more whip of his cigarettes not believing what was coming out of his little sibling's mouth. Alex is usually very smart but now it is like a toddler just speaking gibberish to him at this moment.

"Really? He never loved us!!! He didn't hesitate to leave us behind" The oldest brother retorted

"You don't know anything about dad"

"He was never here, he left!!!"

"He was an amazing, crazy, fragile, human being"

"He deserted us"

The younger immigrant began tearing up, grabbing his hair harshly. This is what he does whenever feeling stressed out about certain situations. Just like the incident at dinner and this conversation with his older brother. Why couldn't I understand right now? He doesn't want to argue with him while having the chance of the neighbor hearing them late at night as well. They just need to fix everything and boom their family is fixed just like that.

"You don't know what you're talking about now!!!" Alex reply defensively

"If he loved us so much, why wasn't he here?" James question

"He tried. He always tried!!!"

"He wasn't here! He was never fucking here! He left! I was twelve!! Twelve and taking care of you. Taking care of all of us. I was still in school, dragging your ass so you can receive a proper education staying up all night with Mom when she needed help paying Dad's debts. I lied about my age to work to get extra money! I picked lice out of your hair and I was here for you when Mom passed. Not James Sr Hamilton. Me"

After his rant, James was breathing heavily with tears streaming down his face with Alexander standing there in silence. Putting the cigarette out before heading back inside the house just wanting to be alone right now. It was a stressful night for both brothers. Where one brother has never-ending hatred for his father while the other brother is in denial about the truth of his father.