(Lams) Just the sound of your voice

John POV

The night has already brought out the beautiful stars deep within the state of South Carolina. I love my home state but this isn't where I want to spend the rest of my life. The reason for that is because of my father being very strict and conservative. Once I came out of the closet to him, he became furious and ashamed of my existence. My mother didn't even try to defense just stay by my father side in silent while looking at me ashamed for being her son. Well, I didn't care anymore since I stop caring about 3 years ago. After being shouted to go into my room basically the prison of the attic.

I was only 14 when I came out to them but now our relationship became estrange but it doesn't bother me. I ignore them as they ignored me. I love my younger siblings but soon they decided to turn against him. Including my sister, Martha who was loving and accepting first but became hatred and disgusting monster. Well, once I leave South Carolina I won't give it a second glance. I won't miss my family they can hate me for all I care while I'll be leaving the life of freedom.

Looking at the night skies once again before hearing my phone ringing. Grabbing the mobile device excitedly before answering it. My voice began racing as I heard that sweet loving voice that always brings me the courage to see another daylight.

"Hey, darling. How's my beautiful Queen" My boyfriend, Alexander Hamilton spoke as I giggle by his comment.

"I'm fine, my Knight" I respond

Alexander and I have been dating for 2 years the same year length after I came out to my parents. While shedding tears that soak up my pillows until I heard my phone ringing. At first, it was a wrong phone number but later Alexander and I began having a long conversation that lasted till midnight. After that night, we continue to talk with each other nonstop as if we can't live without one another. Often send texts to each other even though they're just a single text my heart would be racing or perhaps skip a beat or two.

Eventually, after a year of talking to each other, Alexander asks me to be his boyfriend. Oh lord did my heart skyrocketed to heaven above. I was a little nervous and hesitant about saying yes since for one thing Alexander and I are miles apart from each other. He lives in New York while I live in South Carolina. Afraid that our relationship would never work out but in the end, we became closer than ever. We have our arguments from here and there but later on, Alexander would be the first one to apologize. Sending me about two or three paragraph text message saying how sorry he was and send a video of him singing a song while playing the guitar. Alexander never ceases to amaze me every single time. I'll never get tired of hearing his voice, soon we began skyping at first, I was shy but later on, I saw Alexander commenting me looking like a goddess or Angel. I giggle just by the thought of those memories.

"John, sweetie. Happy Anniversary" Alexander complimented

"You remember" I replied happily

"How could I forget? I'm with the most beautiful person on earth"

"Well, I'm with the most handsome person on earth"

We both laugh a little as my heart began racing and skipping multiple time. I'm just so happy to be with the most important on earth. I could never get tired by the sound of his voice. That'll all I ever ask for despite being miles away from each other. I just wish I have the money to run away and see Alexander in New York. Perhaps one day we could get married and adopted children of our own. Though it may never happen as long I'm living under my parents' roof. Though they wouldn't hesitate to kick me out based by this information I just heard my parents discussing kicking me out in about a month or less. The thought of it was scary but then again I could see Alexander but then again maybe not. I sigh sadly just by the thought of it.

"John sweetie, my love what's wrong?" Alexander asks

"It just...my parents'...are gonna...kick me..out... in a month or less. And I do wanna see you in person..but it could never happen" I replied truthfully

"I wouldn't be too sure about it"

"What do you mean?"

"Look outside your window"

Confuse for a moment wondering why my boyfriend asks me to look out the window. Nevertheless, I look outside the window and my heart immediately stops beating for a minute or two. Tears began racing down my face as I saw Alexander waving at me from a distant. I can't believe it, he came for me. I'm going to be with my boyfriend for the rest of our lives while living in New York. Without any seconds to lose I immediately began packing all my clothes and sketchbooks. Only grabbing two suitcases since I'm only taking the things that are important to me. Including all the love letters that my beloved has to send to me. I began to feel the excitement that exploring my body.

I was actually leaving this prison of my home that has brought me down to my weakness point. But Alexander brought me back to the light with his kindness, affection, and love for me. I wanted to leave through the front door but that would too much of a hassle. Well, jumping out of the window will be my second option. I've done it a couple of time without getting an injury. Though I guess Alexander would be the one to catch me if I do intend to jump out of the window. Tossing the small suitcases out of the window in which Lexi manage to catch both of them at the same time.

Taking a deep breath before taking a leap out of the window. It still scares me when I jump out the window when I had the chance to sneak out of the house. But I once believe that I land the soft wet grass but that never happens. Next thing I know, I'm inside my boyfriend's arms as he was carrying me in a bridal style. Feeling my face completely turning red that I pray Alexander didn't see it. I have my arms around his neck while I saw my boyfriend smirk a little before setting me down on the ground.

"You came for me.." I said

"Well, I have to because I wanted to ask you a special question" Alexander replied

"What would that be?"

My lover set one knee down on the ground before take my left hand into his own. My heart began racing and my face lightly dusted with a blush. If this what I was thinking then please don't let it be a dream. I notice that my boyfriend began shaking a bit while trying to speak but kept clearing his throat or his voice crack a little. I lightly laugh a bit while waiting for him to speak while continuing to hold my hand.

"John Laurens, my boyfriend, my lover, my angel, and my life. Ever since the night, I call you by accident I knew I just knew within my heart you're the one for me. When we talk through the phone I could feel my heart racing heavily or feeling butterflies in my stomach, I could never stop thinking about you. You're always in my mind and no one has ever made me this way before until you came into my life. I wanted to be by your side forever until death itself. Even it's just the sound of your voice" Alexander spoke

"Alexander...what are you...implying" I sobbed a little

"My love, My Jacky. Will you marry me?"

Reaching inside his pocket where my Lexi reveal an emerald embedded in a silver ring. Proposing the ring before me where I couldn't answer through the sound of my voice. I nodded vigorously before jumping into his arms as I press my lips against his own. He kisses me back and my goodness he's my first and only kiss I've ever received. As we kiss I felt an electric shock wave through our bodies before breaking the kiss. Sighing happily before staring into Alexander eyes that were filled with love the sparkles right before me. Sliding the ring onto my finger as we now claim to be engagement. We kiss once more before hugging me tightly in his arms.