Peggy Interlude

Y'all are gonna hate me for this

Third POV

The war is finally over where Alexander Hamilton can finally live a peaceful life. His friends and family are finally relaxing at home feeling free. They won. They won the war against Britain for independence. But the battle isn’t over as the tension between France and Britain is growing. Soon the French will follow American Independent in order became free from their enemies grasp. Now the lovely Mr. Hamilton and Mrs. Hamilton are just taking care of their nine month son Philip who is cooing nonstop. Happily spending some father and son time is where Eliza smile at them.  This will be a precious memories press into her brain. Soon, Eliza took over taking care of Philip as her husband was writing letter to his dearest friends. John Laurens that is until it took a little longer than usual probably assuming the letter is quite long. Philip and his mother happily playing the classic peek-a-boo game while Alexander stand at the doorway with hesitation.

Alexander receive news from his follow comrade from the army. Something tragic happens to Lieutenant Margarita Schuyler Van Rensselaer during the battlefield. Within the field of South Carolina is where Peggy is laying on a patch of grass field with a bullet wound. Her life clinging on the ling in the medical tents with her husband and newborn son by her side. Blooding was oozing down the torso of her body since Peggy softly smile at her lover and son. Being one of the few females to join the army to fight against the British in order to gain freedom. Slowly closing her eyes as the life inside of her has escape. Breathing one final last breath before arriving death. Soon, the news of Peggy death has reach toward Burr, Mulligan, Lafayette, Laurens, and finally Hamilton. All five men were shedding tears furiously as hearing the death of a friend is too much to bare.

Especially toward Hamilton since he and Peggy are very close friends since before the wedding. You always see them pulling pranks on each others from here and there. Being the complete idiots they were and how act made some people believe they were siblings. Or they were the ones dating instead. Dismissing those silly little rumors away but knowing Peggy is no longer here alive on this earth where we call home. The immigrant took a deep breath before walking inside Philip bedroom with the letter crumbling in his hands. While the spirit of Margarita’s linger along with her male friends before reaching toward her sisters.

I may not live to see our glory

“Eliza” Alexander call out

His wife looked at him with confusion and innocent as seeing Alexander with distress and depress look on his face. Fearing the worst perhaps believing that something terrible to Laurens during South Carolina. Words been say that the British soldiers haven’t heard about the war being over. Since delivery mail back then took up about weeks maybe even months. Eliza lay the sleepy baby into the crib unaware her younger sister spirit was rubbing Philip cheek.

“There’s a letter for you from South Carolina” Alexander

But I will gladly join the fight      

“It’s from Margarita. I’ll read it later” Eliza response nonchalantly

“No, it’s not”

And when our children tell our story

Eliza shook a little knowing for well that her youngest sister is also in South Carolina as well. Not only to visit Laurens for the time but also setting up a new profound orphanage. The dutch woman pray to God that nothing bad happen to her dear Peggy. Hoping she was alright and just sending a letter to her seeing how life has been kind toward her and the family as well. Though that wasn’t the case since Angelica heard Peggy death from the same letter before hand. Breaking down into her father’s arms whom was shedding tears that his little girl. His youngest daughter...now dead...taken away from him, her sisters and brothers, her husband and newborn son. Never being able to see them again.

“Will you read it?” Eliza asks

They’ll tell the story of tonight

Doctors finally confirm Peggy death months ago on August but the delivery took longer than the doctors expected. The entire Hamilsquad is  shut down, along with the Schuyler family, and now the Hamilton’s are coming to the terms with it. Soon, Alexander Hamilton trembling while opening up the letter once again before tearing up. Taking another deep breath before re-reading the letter toward his wife. Knowing full well that it’s about the unexpected death of her baby sister.

On Tuesday, the twenty-seventh, Lieutenant Colonel Margarita Schuyler was killed in the gunfight against British troops in South Carolina. These troops had not yet received word from Yorktown that the war was over. He’s buried here until her family can send for her remains. As you may know, Lieutenant Colonel Margarita was engaged in recruiting  three thousands men for the first- all black military regiment. These surviving members of these regiment have been returned to their masters.

Eliza felt tears threaten to flood her entire face just hearing her sister not been shot. But also is now dead buried in a grave at South Carolina. Knowing full well that her father wouldn’t hesitate to collect her sister body’s and reburied and proper funeral at NYC. But also the face Peggy is respectfully against slavery. Since not all the people that are slave should been treated like their dirt. They both share the same pain and suffering with the same color of blood flowing through their bodies. Peggy wanted to free all the slaves and have it abolish to free all the slaves so they can live normals. But that wouldn’t be happening anytime but American will soon reach the day toward the end of slavery. Knowing that Peggy legacy will continue to live toward the modern day of America.   

Eliza turn away looking at Philip innocent sleeping before feeling a warm hug. Not from her husband as she expected but the familiar tighty and lovable hug she knows. It was Peggy over dramatic and fairly tight hug she’ll give after a fight or being reunited from a long trip. Both Eliza and Angelica may have complain their little sister hugs being too rough or too tight. But in secret they really love being cherish and squeeze for their life by their overtop,silly, and dearest Peggy.  Looking up at the window and the young wife believe she was seeing Peggy once again smiling at her. While wearing her soldier uniform as she gives her sweet and sunny smile that made anyone brought their day. Either it was delusion or the fact she actually hear Peggy sing one last time before walking to the light. Which could be the other side from Earth.

Tomorrow there’ll be more of us

Eliza immediately lifted her arm up in order try to reach for her sister. Praying that she isn’t dead and thinking it was some sort of a sick prank. Tears were rolling down her cheeks before being snap out of it. Peggy appearance soon disappear as Alexander gave her a warm back hug. Both in silent for moment as Eliza stand still in place as her husband did his best to comfort her. Even though it wasn’t much.

“Eliza, are you alright?” Hamilton asks

Hamilton’s wife slowly turn around as she stare at him with a blank expression on her face. There’s was no light barely the slight of life within her deep brown eyes. Alexander stood back and shook a little seeing this facial expression on her face. Usually he would see his wife all smiley and giggling with their son and being lovey dovey with him. Never seeing her angry in life nor being this....he couldn’t explain this emotion from Eliza. Slowly walking away from the room after giving a light kiss on Philip forehead. Her hand clenching on the doorframe tightly before a deep sob took control of her body.

“I have so much work to do”

Don't kill me, I was in an Angst mood