I See The Light (Washington Couple)

Thought we needed a lovely Washington Couple fanfic. George and Martha don't get that much love from the fandom

The night has finally arrived for the Lantern Festival where everyone, including children, adults, elderly, and young couple. While a certain young African American man was traveling with a sole young lady together just being friends. Apparently, their names George and Martha have met under weird circumstances since the male was just a regular merchant. While Martha was just wondering just traveling from Kingdom to Kingdom under her own controls. Before meeting those two young adults were being chased by a pack of bandits in the woods before hiding in a ditch. After losing them and George accidentally pushing Martha into the lake, the two became quite the unique traveling companions. The male since very quiet but not to mention very intelligent and persuasive toward customers as he sold Turkish rugs, Japanese silk kimono, and unique China's pottery. All the accessories that many of the riches wanted in their exclusive mansions. So, it wasn't quite difficult to earn a few extra coins from here and there.

Martha is very loud, expressive, and very blunt as she runs around the forest with George by her side. Sometimes being a bit annoying and too loud for him. Nevertheless, the merchant enjoys her presence was very comforting as he hated traveling alone. Never had anyone to have deep conversations or joke around with. Even though Martha can cause trouble for both of them. The wanderer is very kind and soft-hearted as she helps the poor and aids the sick during their travels. The way she looked after the children just being a motherly figure toward the orphans with her angelic smile. She would even give a homeless person just a couple of her clothing or her rare crystals in order for them to stay in a small cottage or somewhere that isn't the street. Martha does earn a few coins from here and there as well by doing a singing performance. Her lovely voice just touches the souls of through whenever they were losing hope or in life. Even letting them give life a second chance in order to keep moving forward. Something George has grown an admiration for the strange woman.

Soon later months of admiration has recently changed to love for the beautiful wanderer. Each day George love for Martha continue to grow but never has the guts to confess. What he didn't know is that Martha returns the love for him as George has put up with her nonstop shenanigans every single day since the beginning of the journey. How has the merchant put with her? She'll never know but what she did know is that Washington can be generous and loyal. Whenever they're on their drop of any medical items, he'll immediately give up to those who need it more. Funny to think that these two different people could actually make the journey so much joy and adventurous in numerous ways.

Now, the young travelers were sitting in a tiny boat just floating around the grand lake. Putting flowers into the water in order to let it float. Today, was just a grand day for both of them. When arriving at this new extravagant Kingdom where they have their annual lantern festival. Everyone got their lantern while lighting them before letting fly into the skies. Martha wearing a beautiful lavender purple while having her curly hair in a unique braid. While George was just wearing a regular white chemise shirt with dark brown pants. The merchant just couldn't help but notice how beautiful Martha look in her new dress while wearing a braid. George just smiles like an idiot before notice Martha leaning near the edge of the boat just wanting to get closer to the lanterns.

Martha:

All those days watching from the windows

All those years outside looking in

All that time never even knowing

Just how blind I've been

Now I'm here blinking in the starlight