Yan!Grian - Oneshot - Locked Away In Midnight Alley

Contains: Yandere, Fluff, Angst, Being locked inside a house long-term
_______________________________________

It's funny to think back on how things started.
The way things once were.
How every second you spent together was cherished, how you'd yearn for more time together, for days to be longer, to see each other more.

You had never been more in love.

You both joined the Hermits in season 6, and it didn't take long for romance to bloom.
You would spend a lot of time together, any excuse to get together was used.
Despite the two of you being based in different districts, him in future and you in fantasy, you would always be finding ways to collaborate, helping each other with your builds.

By season 7 it was well known the two of you were together, but you still based differently.
In fact you ended up on the complete opposite end of the map to him and the other jungle hermits.
Even with it being quite the trek, especially before you both had an elytra (which he made sure you went together to retrieve), you made sure to visit each other often.

This season was different.
The two of you had decided together that it was time for a change, that it was time to spend a season together.
You made your own starter bases in Boatem, although both your houses were attached.

You went with him to defeat the ender dragon on the first day.
You plotted the game of Tegg together.

He was around so much more, it was so nice to have him there.
The two of you did so much more together.
It was amazing.

Starter bases got completed, and an idea was proposed.
A giga base, multiple mega bases attached.
An agreement between Boatem.
Of course you had agreed, who wouldn't?

After the meeting Grian approached you. "So, I was thinking, since we're already technically going to be basing together, that you and I should really embrace it."

It had seemed like such a good idea at the time. "I'd love to." You had responded.
"Great!" His response was quick as he swept you up into his arms.

He carried you over to the, well it could only be described as a large hill at that point, placing you down on the ground but keeping one of his arms around you.
He told you his vision, already having a skeleton formed for the entrance.

"I'll build us a house first, somewhere hidden, we'll build around it. It will be perfect." And for a while it was.
But then things changed.

Slowly but surely things on the server began to get.. weird.
You started to notice things, they were small things, sure, but they weren't normal.
And it seemed you weren't the only one to notice.

"Is.. is the moon big?" That was the question that changed everything.

Now you're here in the house the two of you built.
Your perfect house, you never thought of how much time you would be spending in it.. in fact you had never imagined you would have spent so much time inside.

But. then again you didn't lock yourself in.
You didn't secretly build a door that would be the only way in and out of the house.
You didn't give that door one key despite two people living there.

At this point you're not even sure how long you've been inside.
Being hidden away in the alley the sky is always night, an illusion, so you can't tell how many days have passed. You can't even see the moon.

"I'm going to a boatem meeting, Y/n." Grian smiles as he walks over, pulling on a handmade conductor hat, curtesy of Scar.
"Can I come?" You ask, hopeful.
He's in a good mood, maybe he'll let you go.

"No."
"I haven't been in so long though, I haven't seen anyone in a while." "You've seen me, am I not enough?" He asks, frowning.

"Oh Grian, you are more than enough. But I-"
"It isn't safe." He doesn't let you finish.
"It looks safe to me." You turn, leaning toward the window.
You look out of the window, out at the alley, up at the illusion of the sky.

"Because you are in here. In the alley, in this house it is safe."
"Can I at least go out into the alley then?" You ask.
Anything is better than nothing.

"No."
"Whatever is out there, Grian, I can look after myself. I can handle it. I'll get my netherite, my shield. I'll be safe, you know I'm capable." You argue.

His face hardens.
It's clear his patience is coming to an end.

"You. Are. Not. Leaving. This. House." "Grian-" "That's my final word. It isn't safe. I can't lose you." Something flashes in his eyes, on his face, it hurts you to see him pained.
You sigh, sinking back into the chair.

His smile returns, "I won't be long, my darling, I promise. Don't miss me too much." He places a kiss on your forehead, walking towards the door.
You watch as he unlocks it, having the only key.

"I love you." He looks back at you, half out the door, but doesn't leave yet. He waits for your response.
"I love you too." With that he closes the door, you hear the lock click.

He's gone, for a short while at least. Leaving you completely alone.
A feeling all too familiar.
Even when he's here.

Something changed, something in him snapped, although you're not sure why.
Something tells you he means the best, that he really does just want to keep you safe.
He's just going about it in a slightly extreme way, right?

Surely once things go back to normal so will Grian.
You still love him dearly, even though he's not the man you fell in love with.
You know that man is still in there.
He has to be.

You long for things to go back to the way they were.
You want to go out, explore, do things together, meet up with friends.
But until that day comes again you're stuck here.
Locked away in Midnight Alley.