Xisuma - Drabble - Stressed Out

Contains: Fluff
_______________________________________

You're caught off guard, not expecting X to be standing at the other end of the room when you turn around.
You hadn't heard him come in.
He watches you from afar, a glum look on his face.

You knew that when he came home he wasn't going to be in the best mood.
Before he left he had mumbled something, even without hearing what was said you knew it wasn't good.

You've done your best to make sure he can just relax now he's back.
You plate up the food you've been cooking, it's not much but it's something.
X, noticing this, takes a seat as the table, digging in as soon as you place the plate in front of him.

You're glad to see him eat, sitting down with your own plate of food.
The two of you don't speak during the meal, X doesn't say anything as he gets up and gathers the pots to be washed.

"Let me." You say, placing your hand on his arm.
Xisuma shakes his head, "you've already worked hard to do all this for me."

You don't argue, you don't want him being any more stressed out.
Instead you help out by cleaning other things while X is washing up. Once he's finished up with that he joins you cleaning up until the kitchen is completely done.

Xisuma takes you by the hand, pulling you into him. You wrap your arms around him, just as he has wrapped his arms around you.
Neither of you say anything, both needing the hug.
He's stressed from the events of his day, you're stressed from trying to make sure everything was perfect for when he got back.

The two of you lean into one another as much as possible. 
The hug provides all the comfort you both need in order to begin the process of de-stressing.
It's a silent proclamation of how much you care for him, how much he appreciates you being there for him.
An unspoken notion that indicates how much the two of you love each other.

The same wordless promise you make time and time again.
That no matter what, no matter what the other faces you and X will always be there.
No matter the stress, the anger, the hurt. You'll always have each other.