Scar - Drabble - Under The Mistletoe

Contains: Fluff, romance, a kiss between those in love
_______________________________________

It wasn't often you and Scar got to spend time together, one of you was always travelling.

Scar has always been set on making sure his business is successful, and you weren't going to be the one to tie him down.
Instead the two of you have spent the majority of your relationship leaving letters at the house you share.

You've both always done it, you'll both write letters while you're away and when you're able to get back to the house you'll leave them on the bedside table for the other to find when you're gone.

You had mentioned in your last set of letters that something had come up, so your next trip would be prolonged, meaning you would have to miss the holidays.

Spending a few weeks with Scar over any holiday season had become something of a tradition.
It was time that was for the two of you, that you would spend together.

Having to miss this one, well, you were certainly disappointed, and you were sure Scar felt just the same.

So standing in front of the door now you're excited.
It turns out that the business that needed to be attended to was actually a quick fix, meaning that although you would be late you would still be able to spend some time with Scar.

You knock on the door, waiting patiently for Scar to unlock it.

The door opens, light flooding from the house and into the dark that surrounds you.
The warmth from the inside of the house is amazing, it wraps around you and almost pulls you in, but you stay put.

"Y/n?" Scar asks, the shock is evident in his voice, "What are you doing here?"
"I came to see you, of course."
"But- Didn't you say you weren't going to be here for the holidays?"

You shrug. "I wouldn't miss our holidays, Scar, not for anything." The sweetest of smiles spreads across his face as he pull you through the door and into his arms.

"I really thought I wasn't going to see you." He states, closing the door.

"It nearly ended up that way. But here I am, and with a little holiday spirit." You reach into your pocket, pulling out a small branch of mistletoe.
You reach above the two of you, holding it there.

"Should we follow tradition?" His eyes light up. "Normally I'd say no but I think this is a special enough occasion. You know I'm not normally a man of tradition and I-"

You interrupt his speech about tradition with a kiss, one that has been long awaited by the both of you.

You launch the mistletoe who knows where, deciding instead to properly hold Scar.
The kiss doesn't last long, but it doesn't need to.
It says it all needs to.

"I've missed you so much." Scar says, his voice is quiet but full of love.
"I've miss you too, Scar."