Bdubs - Oneshot - Pranking Partner

Contains: Pranking, One Kiss At The End, A Bit Of Fluff, Married Couple
_______________________________________

Pranking.
A common thing in the world you call your home.
Even in worlds that came before this one, pranks have been more than common for as long as you can remember.

That being said, it didn't make it any easier to do.
Especially when you live with the person you're pranking.

You and Bdubs have been married for some time.
You met over a prank, continued to prank throughout your relationship.
Pranking has been a common thing.

A common thing the two of you have always done together, that is.
When your relationship started you became partners.
Romantically yes, but also partners in crime.

You'd never realised just how long it had been until Keralis pointed it out the other day.
"You know, sweetface, I love your pranks, I do. But I miss you pranking Bubbles, his reactions were always the best."

Keralis was right, his reactions were always the best.
Which got you thinking.

Coming up with a prank wasn't that difficult. Bdubs has a lot of things he loves, all you had to do was separate him from them for a little while while you set things up.
That wasn't difficult with the help of a few friends.

You'd gotten to work as quickly as possible, starting by working on the interior of the room.
Bdubs was the builder in the relationship, but you had learned a few things over your years with him.

So you were going to set up the interior as a surprise, a surprise with a bigger surprise to come later.
That surprise didn't take long to set up.

You'd known their was a spawner near the base for some time.
You had previously set it up as a starter xp grinder, which meant all the things you needed were already there.
Save for one path to the house and one bubble column up to the inside, to meet the one that was already there.

It didn't take much to sort all that out and add a sticky piston to move the soul sand back from the bubble column in the house.

After a bit of AFKing at the farm, and more silencing nametags than you'd seen in your life, everything was ready.

You sat by the door reading a book, waiting for Bdubs to return home.
You knew he'd be back soon, having received a whisper on your communicator saying he was on his way back.
When he poked through the trees you stood up, waving.

Bdubs came rushing over, a smile on his face.
"You'll never guess what happened to me today-" He began, before explaining that he was taken on quite the adventure.

You're glad he's had fun, and can't wait to have your own.
"Sounds like you had a good time. You'll never guess what I've been doing while you were gone." You smile, doing your best not to smirk instead and give things away.

"Oh?" He asks, allowing you to lead him inside.
You take him to the back of the house, opening the door to the newly decorated room.

"I finished off our interior, and I have a little surprise for you." You grin.
"Oh, I love it Y/n. You must have learned from the best." He winks, knowing full well who taught you to do interiors. "What's this surprise then?"
"Just over here, my love." You guide him over to a trapdoor on the wall, opening it to reveal a lever.

One that's going to unleash something good.
Without hesitation Bdubs flicks the lever, watching as diamonds rain from the light fixture.

You hear the piston go off, making sure to position yourself by the door as your husband goes to collect the diamonds.
"This is an even better surprise, one of the many reasons I love you." You nod, watching as a number of zombies move towards him silently.
And he's none the wiser.

Until he gets hit.
And again, causing him to whip around and come face to face with the hoard of zombies agro'd on him and him alone.
"Wha?" He spins around, pulling out his sword.

You watch as he takes out the zombies, it's quite the show from the man you love.
Unfortunately it doesn't last as long as you would have liked.

Once he's done he puts the sword on the table, re-flicking the lever.
He turns around, chest rising and falling with each deep breath he takes.
"You set this up." He states, noticing the look on your face.

You shrug, Bdubs walking over. He places a hand on the wall and uses it as support as he leans in real close.
"You pranked me. All this time of us working together and you pranked me." Despite his poker face you can hear the smile in his voice.

"What can I say? I missed it."
"Were the others in on it too?" He asks, leaning his forehead on yours now.
"Of course they were."

"Oh those little-" you don't catch what he calls them, but you can take a guess it's nothing good. "You and I are just going to have to get them back." His eyes twinkle with a familiar mischief.

"You and I? Even after my stunt?" You say playfully.
"Oh yes." Bdubs responds, "I'll get you back in due time, unlike everyone else we're married and live together. I have all the time in the world to prank you back."

"I would expect no less." You move slightly, going to give him a kiss, but he moves too which stops you.
"Ah ah, not until you agree to get everyone back with me." He smirks.

You roll your eyes, pushing your entire body forward and his back. You grin as you walk straight by him and over to the window.
"Maybe I won't agree."

Bdubs' arms snake around you, pulling you back into him as the two of you watch out of the window.
"You know, I had a great idea for a prank including tnt." He sings.

You turn, still in his arms.
"Sold." You don't need any more convincing.

"I knew you'd agree to help with a little persuasion." He says, finally giving you the kiss he took away from you before.
"You're all the persuasion I need."