Grian - Oneshot - Christmas Miracle

Contains: Fluff
_______________________________________

You stare out of the window, as you have been doing for longer than you care to admit.
Watching the snowfall was all you had to do, it was all you had done all day.

Unlike yesterday the flakes of snow fall gently, layering on top of snow banks you spent your whole morning creating just so you could get out of your house.
You had never seen a storm quite like the one that had blown through yesterday.

It had well and truly ruined any and all of the plans you had made.
You had, initially, planned to go and spend the day with your partner, Grian.
But things hadn't gone like that.

The storm yesterday had come on so quickly you hadn't had a chance to sort anything out.
There were no warnings, it just came.
Hours upon hours of heavy snowfall.

To top things off your power had gone out and had been out since the storm came over.
No one had been able to come out to fix it.
Your house had been dark and cold the entire day.
Not ideal for christmas.

To add insult to injury the roads were all too icy or the snow was too deep to walk the 30 minutes to Grian's place.
Your horses wouldn't make it that far and even if you could you wouldn't want to subject them to anything any colder than their stables, which is currently the warmest place on the whole property.

The only other method of transportation is flight, but you're not a confident flier and you don't know the route well enough to risk it on your own.
So, overall things are just bad.

You pull the thick wool blanket closer, trying to stay as warm as you can.
The last thing you need is to freeze alone in the dark where no one can reach you.

You close your eyes, longing for a miracle.

By the time you awaken, having accidentally fallen asleep, the sun is almost set, telling you it's almost 4pm.

Despite the darkness setting in you don't move from your chair by the window.
You're cold and still tired even after having a nap. With the storm yesterday you didn't get much sleep.

You stare out of the window, up at the moon and the stars.
You wonder if Grian can see them too. Such pretty bright specks in the sky, twinkling. Unmoving.
Except for one.

Your eyes linger on the one star that is moving.
It's brighter than the others, almost orange instead of white.
It's slow, sure, but it is moving. It's moving in your direction.

The stars speed increases, it's brightness increases as the light continues to fade from the sky.
"I hope it doesn't hit my house." You say aloud, thinking it may be a meteor.
It does look like it's heading right for you.

You decide to play things safe, pulling a couple of things off of the table and under it instead.
If your house does get hit by the meteor and the ceiling collapses you'll be safest under here.

Minutes feel like hours as you wait for some sign of something, hoping that it passes without hitting your home.
The only sound you hear is.. knocking at your door?

The house may not have been hit but your head is as you try and get out from under the table, and you do after you first smack the top of your head on the wood.
As you stand you hear the lock click and the front door open.

"Y/n?" The voice is familiar, it fills you with a warmth you haven't had all day.
With a hand on your head you walk toward where you know he is.
A smile stretches across his face when he sees you, followed by a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" he asks.
"Yeah, just hit my head that's all." you explain, without really explaining why.
You can see he has a lantern in his hand.
That's what you saw out of the window, not a meteor.

"Is it okay?"
"Yeah. It wasn't too hard." You rub your head slightly before entering his open arms.

"You're so cold." His voice is hushed now, he holds you tight, which you appreciate a lot.
"It is cold here. All my wood got damp outside in the snow."

"Well, you won't be staying here any longer. You're coming to stay at mine until everything is back in order, okay?" He kisses your forehead, grabbing your wings off of the wall. "Put these on."

You stare at them, not confident in your ability to fly at all.
"It's okay, I'll be right beside you the whole time. You can even hold my hand if you need to." You nod, determined to do it for him.

And you do, with no issues.
Soon enough you've landed with no more than a stumble, Grian catching you before you could fall.
"I told you it would be okay, now come on. There's a surprise waiting for you inside."

He leads you through the front door where you're greeted by all of your friends.
Inside it's warm and it's bright, the exact opposite to how you've spent the last day and a half.
It's an emotional moment.

Once everyone has greeted you Grian pulls you in for another hug.
"I wasn't going to let you spend christmas day like this alone. I'm not going to let you spend any special day alone. Not now, not ever."

"Thank you, Grian." 

"You don't have to thank me, I'm serious. Now, how about we go and get something to eat and then we can all enjoy the rest of our christmas?"
"I'd like that." You smile.

The food is wonderful, everyone sitting around and having a chat and a laugh while you eat.
After that games are played, people talk and sing and dance.

You didn't think you'd get this, to spend your christmas with friends, the man you love.
Sitting in your house you thought that it wasn't going to happen.
It felt impossible.

But it seems the universe answered your call.
It gave you a christmas miracle.