xB - Drabble - Peace and Quiet

Contains: The purest of Fluff.
______________________________________

The sound of the front door closing allows you to finally relax, you know he will too.

Big social events aren't a thing you and xB usually do. Or any social events.
They're often loud and crowded and full of.. people.

The party invite was surprising, but you couldn't really turn it down.
It was from Keralis after all.
Everyone knows neither of you can say no to Keralis.
Sometimes you wonder if that's why Keralis invites you to social events.

So you and xB had gone, finding out it was a much bigger event than predicted and went on for much longer than you'd thought.
The two of you had stayed as long as you could, but it had gotten to home time and the two of you were so glad for that.

Needless to say, you're both exhausted.
Definitely both glad to be back in the quiet of your own home.
No music, no people, no laser lights.
Just you and xB.

xB collapses onto the bed beside you, staring up at the ceiling.
"That was-" he takes in a deep breath.
"A lot." You finish for him.

xB nods. "Somehow you knew exactly what I was going to say." He jests, only with a completely straight face.
"Oh, you know, it's almost as if I see you every day and go to any other event you go to." xB turns his head to look at you now.

"Are you sure?" You can see the smile he's now trying his best to hide.
"Well.. I could be wrong, I mean, I only live with you and see you every day and go places with you. Maybe I don't know you well."

xB giggles, "damn, I thought you loved me and everything." He's so dramatic with how he says this you can't help but laugh and cuddle into him.

"I do love you." xB allows himself to smile properly now, that beautiful smile that made you fall for him in the first place.
He turns to face you fully, the two of you spending more than a moment adjusting various limbs to get comfortable holding each other.

Once you do, xB gives you a small kiss on the cheek, not having the range of motion to reach your forehead or your lips, but a kiss is a kiss.
The two of you settle, enjoying the near silence in the bedroom before xB breaks it with a single sentence.
"I love you too."