Tango - Oneshot - Surprise Date

Contains: Creepy Tunnels, Fluff, Food Mention
_______________________________________

The darkness of the underground maze Tango created setting this place up has always creeped you out.
You've asked for him to light it up, be he has refused.

The tunnels stayed dark, his excuse being that he needed to be able to see the redstone lines light up to know how far the signal transmitted.

But the redstone didn't extend this far out, you knew that.
His project was a secret, but you'd been down here a few times.
Although you'd always been afraid to come down alone.

He reassured you it was safe, easy to navigate and no mobs would spawn as the light level, even as dark as it is, is high enough for his system to stay peaceful.

You follow the maze around, Soul lanterns leading you deeper and deeper into the tunnels.
Why couldn't he have just met you on the surface?
Or even better, at home?

But no, the creepy dark endless halls were where he was.
Where he asked you to meet him.

Looking around you sigh, you've come to a cross road.
Every option looks exactly the same.
You groan, choosing to go straight ahead.

Is it the right option?
You have no idea.

The further you go the more confused you become.
The worse you feel about your choice in direction.

Soul lanterns become glow lichen, the tunnel getting darker and darker as you progress.
Until you're in total darkness.

You continue anyway, the cold stone on your fingertips the only indicator that you're still in the tunnel.
Every now and then there is a hint of light, a glimpse of hope causing you to press on further.

Yet it leads nowhere.
Literally nowhere.

On three sides there is stone blocks.
You've reached a dead end.
You're lost, and you have no idea how to get back out.

You lean against the stone wall at the end, pulling out your communicator.
You should have done this earlier.
- I'm lost

You wait patiently for a response but none come.
With a sigh you slide down the wall to be in a seated position.

The dim light from the communicator fades as the interface times out from a lack of use.
Once again you're in total darkness.

You stare ahead of you, if you had been stood up and away from walls you would have no sense of direction.
The visibility isn't low, it's non existent.
The silence is terrifying, as is the thought any sounds would appear without warning.

You lean against the wall that supports you from behind, bringing your knees up and resting your arms on your legs.
You let your head rest on the stone, waiting for any word from Tango on your communicator.

You have no idea how long you've been sat in the dark, the tunnels provide no sense of time nor space.
It's just darkness and silence.
It's lonely.

You don't dare move, you're already lost, you don't want to make it harder for Tango to track where you've been. 
Still nothing has come through on your communicator, you wonder if he's even seen your message.

You close your eyes, just.. waiting.

The silence remains, as does the darkness, although eyes closed or not it doesn't make a difference.
The dark is still just darkness, empty black space.
Nothing else.

That's what you expect when you open your eyes.
But it's not what you see.

Two floating glowing red orbs.
And the small amount of area they light up around them.