Doc - Drabble - I Knew It

Contains: Angst, No Implied Relationship
This is a follow on from the drabble Up To No Good

_______________________________________

After many attempts at trying to get your redstone to work again, and many tries where it did but was broken again come the next day, you had instead taken up to trying to figure out what your neighbour was up to.

And, after a short while, you had been successful.
It took you to be in the right place at the right time.

He had been talking to his close friend, a man called Ren.
They were in the back garden, and you were in yours.
Although neither of them could see you and you couldn't see them.

But you could hear them. "Oh yeah, you should see what I've been working on. I've been doing some work underground and when I tell you Ren this is the biggest thing I've worked on it a while."
"Oh?"
"Yeah man, it's world breaking stuff I tell you."

"I knew it." Your hands fly to your mouth, covering it.
You hadn't meant to say it out loud.

"You know, listening in on people isn't very polite." Ren says.
His head pops up over the fence, Doc's appearing next to him. "Yeah, not cool."

The two of them look down on you, their stares throwing you off as you try and collect your thoughts."I.. Well-"

The two of them look at each other and then back down at you.
"I'm sorry, I just want my redstone to work again."

Ren and Doc share another look, this time whispering something to one another.
You wait patiently for one of them to speak again, but they disappear from the fence leaving you stood in your garden alone.

You can hear things being thrown about in the house next door, but you stay put, not wanting to get in any more trouble than you're already in.

Soon enough the pair appear, although this time they're in your garden instead of Doc's.

"We've decided to help you." Ren begins, it's a good start. Something you can get behind.
"But you can't tell anyone that anything is going on." Doc finished. Not quite what you were wanting.

"Doc will fix your redstone and I'll help to cover it up, but no one can know about his project. It's top secret stuff."
"So if that is okay with you, if you sign this book, we will have everything up and running again for the price of your silence." Doc hands you the book he mentions.

It's short, only having a few sentences written.
By signing this book I agree not to discuss with anyone other than DocM77 and RenTheDog of the projects being undertaken by the two of them.

You sigh, signing the book.
"There, you have my silence bought. Now, when can we fix my redstone?"