Cub - Oneshot - Special Delivery

Contains: Fluff, many honey blocks, ending that could be suggestive but doesn't have to be
_______________________________________

The first thing you notice when you wake up is how cold it is.
How cold it has gotten in the last few days.

The summer is nearing now, trees and some flowers nearing the end of their bloom.
With the changing of the seasons warmth should be what you feel.
But it isn't.

The last few days have felt cold and seemed dark despite the weather, the sun a constant. Not that you've been outside to enjoy it.

It feels more like the middle of winter than the beginning of summer.
Just because there are few clouds in the sky doesn't mean there is an absence of shade.

Once you're up and have gotten yourself presentable you walk around the house.
It's empty without him.

How long has it been?
You'd check the calendar but you're not sure what day it is.
You lost count after the first few days with no contact.

Your husband often would disappear, increasingly so in the last few years.
But this time was unlike any other.

Usually he'd come home after a few nights, or at least send you a message to let you know he was alright.
You've not heard anything from him in so long at this point.

You're worried, you don't know where he is and you just miss him.

The door knocking doesn't even get your hopes up, mainly because your husband has never knocked on the door once in the time you've known him.

Opening it reveals Hypno, dressed in a bee suit with the hood tucked under his arm.
"Hey there Y/n, is Cub in?" You shake your head with a sad sigh.

"No, I have no idea where he is. I haven't seen him in.. I don't know how long." Hypno furrows his eyebrows, clearly concerned.

"He hasn't come home? I thought he would have. I guess I'll be taking this honey right to him." Hypno mumbles to himself.
"You know where he is?" You ask, perking up at the thought of seeing him again.

"You don't?" You shake your head in response to Hypno's question. "I suppose that should have been obvious. Well, anyway, you better come with me."
Hypno smiles as you do, leading you to his truck.

It would have been faster to fly, but the back of the truck is loaded with shulker boxes filled with honey.
That would explain the bee suit.

After a long drive Hypno finally stops by a tent surrounded by chests and shulkers.
Next to it is what looks to be a giant arena, you can't tell what's on the inside but it seems to go on forever.

Hypno knocks a few times on the large door, which opens shortly after.
Out walks none other than your husband, who looks like he hasn't been home in days.
He greets Hypno with a smile.

"Oh man am I glad to see you." Cub pulls Hypno into a hug, not noticing you leant on the front of the truck.
"I bet, I brought your five thousand honey blocks. I just need to off load them. Where do you think is best for that?"

Cub points over toward the small chest monster.
"It'll be good over there. I tell you, I'm so glad for this to be about done. I miss my bed." Cub chuckles.

"And your spouse I bet." Hypno laughs in return.
"Oh yeah, one hundred percent. I hope they're doing okay at home." Cub starts to space out.

"Why don't you ask them yourself?" Cub's full attention is on Hypno's words, and then on you as his eyes meet yours.

Flustered he tries to sort himself out, make himself look a little neater. He tries to straighten the wrinkles out of his coat and make his hair look a little less.. all over the place.
You chuckle and shake your head, Cub visibly flushed as he walks over to you.

He looks you over, smiling, before encasing you in his arms.
"I've missed you so much." His voice is muffled as he speaks into your shoulder, face buried.
His arms are tight around you, but not too tight.
It's a welcome feeling after days on your own.

"I've missed you too, Cub. I always do when you disappear for a project."
"I was meant to tell you, I just.. forgot." He pulls away from the hug, instead cupping your face with his hands.

"I know, I do. I know you get carried away. As long as you come home, that's what matters." You gently remove his hands from your face, giving him a peck on the lips as you move past.

It's not often you get to come and see Cub's work, even less so while it's unfinished.
If there's one thing you know about your husband it's that he is dedicated to getting huge projects finished in a tiny amount of time.
Even if that does end up being a serious grind.

"So, what is this?" You ask, looking at the ginormous structure.
"And what are the five thousand honey blocks for?" Hypno adds.

Two arms snake around your waist, followed by your husband's voice.
"This is total chaos. It's a new game I've been building. And trust me, it will live up to its name." Cub almost chuckles, but doesn't.
As if the idea of total chaos is funny to him, entertaining.

"The honey blocks are for the floor. They're all I have left to do. If they're not there there won't be nearly as much chaos. Then I'd have to rename it 'some chaos' and that just doesn't have the same ring to it." Hypno hums at Cub's answer to his question.

"How long until you're done? Until you can come back?" You don't hold your breath that it will be soon.
The arena is huge.

"Oh, I don't know.." Cub's words trail off, arms tightening around you. "A few hours if I get some help."
A grin appears on your face, that's not long at all.
"We better get to it then." You clap, "come on Hypno, let's get this done."

The three of you start working, and finish in what seems like no time at all.
Time has passed, the sun low in the sky by the time you're all done.
Every block of honey placed and all the shulkers loaded back onto Hypno's truck.

By the time you're back at your house the sun is gone and the moon is providing the light.
Hypno bids the two of you a good night before driving off in the direction of his own base.

"I'm so glad to be back." Cub smiles, hanging his coat by the door.
"Not as glad as I am to have you back." You reply.

Cub turns to you with a smile on his face. "Wanna bet?"
You chuckle, taking his hand.
"Maybe tomorrow, love. How about for tonight you and I go enjoy that bed that you've missed so much." Cub's grin softens.

His grip on your hand is firm as he gently pulls you toward the stairs.
"I've missed you and your ideas so much. To bed!" Cub's exclamation makes you laugh, you chasing him up the stairs.

For the first night in a while you don't have to sleep alone.
You look forward to what follows, waking up in your husband's arms.