【Chapter 22】

❝ 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞? ❞

 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞? ❞

*(𝐘/𝐧) 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

The clicking of shoes echoed throughout the golden-painted hallway. The balcony doors opened wide, allowing the morning sunlight to flood in, shimmering against the golden portraits of my ancestors. Chandeliers hung on the ceilings, which were getting touched by the light, making a spectrum of colors glitter and flash in each angle.

The floor was marble with a lengthy, red carpet spreading across the marble floors in every path; left, right, and straight. This very much reminded me of the red sea, in a way. It was as if I was walking down along the path of annihilation that my family so partook in. Well, more like making others partake in it.

Peering over my shoulder, I observed the gather of maids accompanying me with downcast eyes, their hands respectively in front of their thighs and on their proper, classical maid uniforms. Yesterday, as I recall, the club that I'm presently enrolled in—the Host Club—recently obtained a manager, much to my apprehension.

Last night I remember staying up late as I thought about the issue. How do I get rid of her? I understand that someone helping Kyoya-sempai in handling the rather costly Host Club is a splendid idea, no inconvenience in it. Though not like this; not as a fangirl constantly stalks me.

Renge was a problem; this was something that I felt heavily in my gut, yelling at me to recognize and observe such a fact. But why was she a problem? What has she done to make me feel so on edge? To this question, I had no answer. Clutching the small piece of paper in my hand, I exhaled.

'Why must everything be a riddle with no answers?'

Seeing as the golden-glazed burgundy doors appeared in front of me, I straightened my suit and hardened my eyes; something that my mother would continually chide me to do. Tilting my head forward as the two doormen bowed in respect, I looked back forward.

Signaling for the other maids to walk away, they bowed and did as ordered. Walking inside the meeting room, I smiled at the hostile parents of both Toru's and Bunny-kun's.

"Morning, Mr. and Mrs. Suzushima—Mr. Haninozuka." Bowing my head in respect, I kept the gracious smile on my face as I sat down on the chief chair of the lengthy table with the service of a butler.

"Morning, (L/n)-Sama." Mr. Suzushima responded, though everyone understood that his tone didn't aspire for it to sound civil. Smiling more, I didn't delay for the others to voice their courtesy because; let's face it—the other two would rather have enjoyed seeing my guts being taken out.