Seven

Hearing that shot had Noella worried sick. She knew that there was no way Rick would have wasted a bullet. "Are you still worried about that shot?"

"Why one shot though?"

"Maybe it's to take down a walker."

Noella looked at them. "Rick wouldn't do that." She said. "It's too risky."
~~~
At the farm, Rick carried his son, but was told he couldn't go anywhere's. "Noella doesn't know." He said as he started crying. "My girlfriend doesn't know. My girlfriend doesn't know."
~~~
Noella still wasn't so sure about that shot. They looked at Carol as she was hurt about Sophia. Noella started following him again as she just hoped and prayed that everything is okay.
~~~
Rick was giving blood to Carl. "Noella needs to be here." He said. "She doesn't even know what's going on." Shane looked at him not saying a word as it should be Lori, but Carl made up his mind. "I've got to go find her. Bring her back."

"You can't do that."

"She's his mother." Rick says. "She needs to know what's happened. Her son's lying here shot."

"And he's going to need more blood." Hershel tells him as he looks at Shane. "He can't go more than 50 feet from this bed."

Rick stood up. He needed Noella there. When they walked into another room. Rick sat down as Shane told them that Carl was stable. "Noella has to be here Shane, she has to know."

"Okay, I get that." Shane says. "I'm gonna handle it. But you've got to handle your end."

"My—my end?"
~~~
Noella kept walking till they decided to head back. As they walked together back. Noella didn't say much as they walked till Andrea screamed out from being attacked by a walker. "Andrea?"

They ran back just to see a person on a horse hit the walker with a bat. "Noella? Noella Grimes?"

"Maggie?" She said causing Maggie to look at her.

"Oh my god." She said. "'Rick sent me. You've got to come now."

"What?"

"Noella, there's been an accident. Carl's been shot." Noella looked at her sister shocked. "He's still alive, but Rick needs you."

"Let's go home...."

"Whoa whoa whoa. We don't know this girl...."

"She's my damn sister." Noella tells him. "You may not know her, but I do."

Maggie helped her sister on the horse and told them how to get to the farm.
~~~
Noella was happy that she was with her sister, but Rick needed her. When she saw her home, Noella smiled as she was home. "Is dad okay?"

"Yeah." She said. "Grimes?"

"Not married."

"Okay because we would have hung you."

"Shut up." She tells her.

Maggie smiled. "I'm happy your alive.'

"Me too."

She saw that they were closer to the house and got off the horse and ran into Rick's arms. "Noella?" He said causing them to pull apart.

"Hi daddy." She said smiling with tears in her eyes as Rick took her inside to see Carl.

Noella went into her old room and gasped at the sight of Carl. "Oh god." She said as she started crying as she kissed his head. Rick grabbed her hand, but took the band off as he has Noella.
~~~
"How many transfusions?"

"Two.'

Noella nodded as he started drinking his orange juice. "Dad, you're saying Otis went to get a vent."

"You don't seem to upset with Otis."

"Hunting accidents happen, daddy." She tells him. "I know he is doing everything to make things right, but can you perform."

"I'll try my best."

Rick started getting dizzy. "I need to sit down." He said falling into the chair causing Noella to run to his side.

"Rick, are you okay?" She asked him.

Hershel could tell she cared about that little boy and Rick. He could see the love she has for him and Carl. He will do whatever it takes to keep Carl alive, for Noella.
~~~
Later that night, Noella stood in the room with Rick and her father. "Pressure's dropping again." Hershel tells them. "We can't wait much longer."

"Take some more. Whatever he needs." Rick says. "Then I'm gonna go."

"Where?" Noella asked.

"He said five miles. They should be long back by now. Something's gone wrong."

"Rick, no." Noella said as she walked over to him. "You're not going after them."

"Rick, listen to my daughter." Hershel tells him.

"If they got into trouble..."

"You're in no condition to do anything about it." Hershel tells him. "You've given too much blood. You're barely on your feet. You wouldn't make it across the yard."

"If something happened, I have to go."

"Rick, your place is here, with me and Carl. Take Shane's word to heart. If he said he'll be back then he'll be back." Noella said as she touched his face. "Please."

"I can't just sit here."

"That's exactly what you do." Noella snapped back. "I refuse to let you leave, Rick. Carl needs you here. I need you here because...I can't do this by myself."

Rick looked at Noella who walked out of the room. "Give her time." Hershel tells her. "Noella really cares about you and that is rare. She never gave anyone a chance till you came. So hearing you say that you were leaving had her scared. Just let her cool down and she'll apologize."

Rick nodded as he looked at Carl. He had to stay for his son and Noella Greene.