Twenty six

Rick held Noella in his arms as they knew the Governor along with his followers were coming. "Rick, you know when you said you wanted to marry me?" He nodded. "I would already say we are because there is no law anymore, no judges, just very few survivors. We can say we are married. Have a little ceremony."

"That's fine with me, baby because I claim you as my wife from the moment we started sleeping together." He looked at Rick Jr. and Selene. "We've came this far and we will stay here as long as we can till we kill the Governor."

Looking at him she smiled. "Talk to Carl before he kills someone who is innocent. He's spiraling out of control and no matter what I say, he ignores it." She tells him.

"I'll have a word, but I don't think he cares."

Looking at him, Noella kissed him as she knew they won't see each other for a bit till the Governor has left.
~~~
Sometime that day, Beth helped Noella with the twins and Judith to a safe spot where the intruders won't find them. They heard shooting causing the girls to put the babies inside an abandoned car. They didn't want them to start crying causing the herd of walkers that came with the Governor. "Beth?"

"Hmm."

"Be on watch." She says as they heard gun firing. "I don't like this one bit."

"You think Sophia is safe?" She asked. "I mean with Carl."

That one, Noella had no answer. Carl hasn't been the same since the death of Lori and Shane. That has her worried about her son. She will talk to him by herself, but she will just tell him how worried she is because this isn't the Carl. When they heard the last shot, the sisters knew, it was over for now. "Let's head back."

Noella turned and grabbed the twins. She looked at them and smiled as they started walking together. Rick Jr. looked up at his mom as he didn't know what was going on. Noella looked at her son and smiled as she looked at Selene. "We're going back to daddy." She tells them. "And I'll have grandpa watch you while I'll have a talk to your big brother."

"Do you think he will listen?"

"I don't really know, but I will just tell him how his attitude is effecting everyone and I'm worried about him and with the way he acts, will eventually get him killed. Something I'm not ready for. Don't think I'll ever will be."

"Make sure he knows this." Beth tells her as they got to the prison. "Make sure you tell him how Rick feels."

"I will and I will make sure Rick tells him too."

Rick saw them and walked over to help with the twins. "Rick, we need to talk." They heard Hershel.

"About?"

"Carl. He killed an innocent boy who put his weapon down." Noella's eyes widened. "You need to talk to him."

Hershel walked away causing Rick to sigh. "Rick, honey, maybe we should talk to him as parents and not apart." She tells him as they got to their cell. "He is spiraling out of control and Carl will get himself killed one day."

"We will." He says as Hershel came to them. "Will you watch them?"

"Go speak to him."
~~~
Rick and Noella found Carl causing them to walk over to him. "Hershel told us about you killing that boy."

"To protect us."

"Carl, you didn't protect us. You killed an innocent boy who laid down his gun as he didn't want to die and yet, you killed him. That is not protecting that is you being a cold blooded murderer." She says. "Do you see the pain you are putting us through? Lori would be..."

"She never cared like you, mom! You were there more than her. Yes, she birthed me, but you were the mother figure while she messed around with Shane." He says. "I'm trying to protect my family unlike dad."

Standing up, Noella looked at him. "The more you think that, the more you will get yourself killed. Your father and everyone here will tell you that you have to have a level head. You can't just up and kill people unless they actually try to kill you." She says as she had tears in her eyes. "You have me scared to death right now. I'm afraid I'm going to lose you, Rick, or the twins. You don't see the danger you are putting us in."

"Go rest, baby." Noella walked away as Rick looked at him. "I think it's time for you to start seeing what you are doing. Give me your gun."

Carl didn't say anything as he handed the gun over. "Dad, I'm trying to protect them just like you are. Lucas..."

"Lucas is getting his mind back on track. You, you need to think about what you are doing and think really hard because you are not the adult and you don't make decisions. If we have people that want to come with us after this mess, then we will let them back. Okay?"

Carl nodded as he walked away. Rick looked over to see Lucas talking to Maggie, Hershel and Beth while he held Judith. He decided to spend some time with Noella and the twins since Carl needs to be left alone as he is upset and he won't push it.
~~~
Noella sighed as she just finished feeding them. Carl looked at her and sighed. "I'm sorry for my actions. I know you all are worried and I thought I was doing the right thing."

"Carl, just because you are saying this doesn't mean you'll get that gun back."

"I know, but I thought you and dad should know that I'm respecting what you told me. I will wait till it's time to get it back and I will be more mature about it."

Noella nodded as Carl walked away just for Rick to appear. She smiled as he walked in and hugged her . "I love you."

"I love you."